Sakari update (long overdue)

Roxy1

Most will remember Sakari's story, however , there are a lot of new members since then, so I'll start from the beginning.

Sakari was found, chained to a pole and left to die in a condition that was already in "shut Down" mode. She was 28 lbs when AC picked her up, 31 lbs when we got her. (they had her for 2 weeks)

Her systems were failing, losing fur due to a developed allergy as her immune system was shutting down. A lot of this we learned as we went and tried to figure out what was going on.

She could not digest food as her body was no longer manufacturing the enzymes needed to digest.

So she is still on meds for that. She also is still on meds for the allergies.

She also had a tumor that had to be removed and we are still watching to make sure we know if it starts to grow back.

She has the absolute sweetest temperament I've ever seen in an abused dog. That is saying something as I see and work with many as all the dogs that come through our rescue have some sort of problem and many have been abused.

Anyway- she is doing great now and we still keep our paws crossed that the allergy continues to stay under control. (not so pretty without fur)

Here are some pics of when we got her to now.

Oh, I can't tell you how bonded she is with our other 2 -like it was meant to be. I think we might keep her. Forgot to mention, she is now up to 54lbs - gain of 23 lbs. in 4 mos. not the fastest, but she's pluggin along.post-6615-13586082709014_thumb.jpg

post-2812-13585980442414_thumb.jpg

post-2812-13585980444449_thumb.jpg

post-2812-13585980446379_thumb.jpg

post-2812-13585980446995_thumb.jpg

post-2812-13585980448019_thumb.jpg

post-2812-1358598044875_thumb.jpg

post-2812-13585980451087_thumb.jpg

post-2812-13585980454661_thumb.jpg

post-2812-13585980457138_thumb.jpg

post-2812-13585980459049_thumb.jpg

post-2812-13585980461555_thumb.jpg

post-2812-13585980463988_thumb.jpg

she is an absolute gorgeous girlie:heartbeat:

some fab pics there @Roxy1 you have done a remarkable job with her,i love her smiling pic(the one after her on her bed):D

she looks really settled with your 2 and has had fantastic weight gain

you should be so pleased with how she has come on,who would believe she was 'on shut-down' only a few mths ago.

well done George.............you just have to keep her now:D

Thanks ALL for you comments- she has done great-

No dog should ever look like she did! You've done a great job in giving her back what she should have had in the first place - love and companionship!

I really like to see the dogs just lazing around like that, comfortable and laid back. Couldn't say more about how content they are!!

Thats all she needed - and a routine - They are most comfortable just knowing they have a routine, so they know what to do.

@sutsibe- incase the thread got buried

Hope you doing OK Gigi

It did - but your more recent post brought it back up! The tag didn't work - the dash right after 'sutsibe' threw it off, by the way... Thanks for trying to make sure I saw it, anyway - been working the last 2 days and in class last night, so haven't been on much...

She looks fantastic - great job! :wow2::)

WOW !!! what a difference.

Looking so much better.

Well, done.

You're doing a fantastic job :up: