marijuana - pot patches for dogs

Biggles

Sounds absolutely brilliant to me! Don't get me wrong - I really don't like the recreational use of cannabis. I spent 40 years as a youth worker watching kids screw up their lives by being too "relaxed" to bother with schoolwork and exams because of their cannabis use. I have also seen too many kids end up in mental hospital with Paranoid Schizophrenia as a result of obsessive cannabis use at an early age. BUT - the medical use of cannabis is well known and it is an extremely effective painkiller - especially in cases of arthritis. The only problem is - in humans, the particular cannabinoid which provides the most relief for arthritis is only released when the cannabis is burned, so to get the best effects it has to be smoked. Hopefully they have sorted this problem with the canine patches - it would be great if they did the same with human cannabis-based medication.

Mick

I guess it would SOUND like a good idea, if dog's weren't freaking used to getting VERY sick on it. We get TOO many dogs that need to have their stomach pumped around here for eating an owner's pot stash. The dogs start to salivate, and a few seized while on it.

I don't agree with it. I mean.

Really?

You think someone is just going to put this on their dogs? LOL DERP.

I guess it would SOUND like a good idea, if dog's weren't freaking used to getting VERY sick on it. We get TOO many dogs that need to have their stomach pumped around here for eating an owner's pot stash. The dogs start to salivate, and a few seized while on it.

I don't agree with it. I mean.

Really?

You think someone is just going to put this on their dogs? LOL DERP.

There's a world of difference between a medical dose of any drug, and "eating a stash!."

My wife has extremely bad arthritis and is on morphine-based painkillers, but if she injected/ate/smoked a junkie's stash it would probably make her very ill indeed.

A drug is just a drug. The important thing is how and why it is used!

Just because heroin is an illegal drug, it doesn't mean that there isn't a perfectly acceptable legal, medical use for opiates. Same with cannabis. Medical experimentation has proven it to be a very effective in the relief of chronic pain. Paracetamol is great for headaches, but a small overdose will kill you. Alcohol can lead to addiction and death, but a glass of red wine each day is medically beneficial. Hell! Even water will kill you if you have too much (Check out the research on so-called "Ecstasy"" deaths - it isn't the MDMA that kills, it is the fact that the victims "drowned" by flooding their systems with water as they became so thirsty.)

sounds like a good idea in theory, must be better than all the chemicals in manmade drugs surely?

My mums friend used to use cannabis for her MS, she said it was better than the pills :)

are they gunna make different strengths from the varying strains?? lmao

hahaha, so crazy :D

few months ago, well one of my friends left some of his :D marijuana on table in my room and guess what, when come back home we found my dog layin down and protecting what was left of it :D not sure but he was crazy all day i think, runnin all round, acting strange :D and also he was very very protective :D about those few bushes that he didn't eat :D

so, never leave any green near them, they'll find it it just doesnt matter where u hide that.

hahaha, so crazy :D

few months ago, well one of my friends left some of his :D marijuana on table in my room and guess what, when come back home we found my dog layin down and protecting what was left of it :D not sure but he was crazy all day i think, runnin all round, acting strange :D and also he was very very protective :D about those few bushes that he didn't eat :D

so, never leave any green near them, they'll find it it just doesnt matter where u hide that.

Lucky he didnt have a seizure and harm himself :/

Lucky he didnt have a seizure and harm himself :/

that wasn't really such a big problem, just need to make sure it never happen, as u know dogs need some types of grass to aid in their stomach, guess this had similar effect, but it was one of the days u whish to forget asap