'Sick'

MollynDiesel

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, we get this all the time.

Awww, man dem dogs is MAD !!. . . . no they are a bit miffed, but not mad.

Awww , man dem dogs is SICK !! . . . No they are in good health thank you.

Awww man dem dogs is like wolves innit.. . . sigh

Awww, man dem dogs is . . . ey' mate what are dey ???. . . . Hungry so you'd better back off.

ah, the youth of today. . .

LOL ...In America we use alot of words that mean the exact opposite. It's like " You Know I'm bad..I'm bad...!" But he meant he is really good? When I first came to the UK no one could understand a word I said. I really had to step it up as my Forest Gump accent combined with my Southern Slang wasn't gonna cut it ! I do use " Sick" to refer to certain things though! ...But it's all good!

The one that irritates me is "aaaw look at da wolf" .... "Naah it's a husky innit"...."same fing innit"...

No it bluddy isn't or it would be called a wolf!!!

The other thing that gets me (slightly off topic) are kids that go "aaw,here doggie doggie doggie. Come here doggie doggie doggie!" As they're walking past!! No intention of stopping, just riling her up for no good reason! Little sh*ts!

Know exactly what you mean!

I keep hearing comments when I walk Tikka, things like 'Whoa! Sick dog!' I was actually quite put out by this remark until I thought about it for a few minutes and let it sink in what they actually meant....this remark usually comes from lads with their jeans under their backsides - what's that about.....:confused:

Know exactly what you mean!

I keep hearing comments when I walk Tikka, things like 'Whoa! Sick dog!' I was actually quite put out by this remark until I thought about it for a few minutes and let it sink in what they actually meant....this remark usually comes from lads with their jeans under their backsides - what's that about.....:confused:

They love showing of their really old pants! lol

Lol, if only people did history...

Hip hop derived from 'hippity-hoppity'...not so cool now eh?

The trend for low slung jeans comes from gang members having their belts taken off them in custody, so they had nothing to hold them up - used originally as a status symbol for gangs "hey, look at me, I've just been arrested and I'm out again because I fought the law and the law won"...not really that cool to be arrested either is it...

I wonder if people would use these terms and wear their jeans like that if they knew the origins...

Best regards,

Smiler. Who's 'down wid da kids'.

My missus has a cat called Diesel, its a cool name me thinks

innit

I have to ask my sons to translate a lot ... I thought I kept in touch but it moves WAY too quick for me now!!

It's like they say something... "for the win"! What the chuff does that mean?? Why add it? It's beyond me! And I have a Diesel too & it is the BEST name! :P

I have to ask my sons to translate a lot ... I thought I kept in touch but it moves WAY too quick for me now!!

It's like they say something... "for the win"! What the chuff does that mean?? Why add it? It's beyond me! And I have a Diesel too & it is the BEST name! :P

I thought i was in touch too but clearly not lol

YAY FOR DIESELS! :P

I like the different meanings to sayings in different countries.

My wife and I had a little root around in the outback in Australia. Apparently it doesn't mean having a look around over there...got a good on yer mate from the Aussie lads and embarrassed looks from the Sheilas...

A Marine friend of mine was seconded to the Navy Seals...one of the seal's sisters came onto him in a bar. It was ok though, he said, I knocked her back - apparently thisvhas the opposite meaning in the States and a massive fight ensued...

Eh up mate, fun fud shop fi n chi dun t' snicket, said my Lacashire British team mate to me in Bali. Apparently it means hello, I have found the food shop fish and chips down the lane...could have fooled me!