This dog is insane!

Franklin Phil

I think his back leg is posessssed, and keeps trying to steal his bone. :)

That is truly - strange.... behavior! I can't fathom it!

I've been thinking about this off and on all evening long.... the behaviour is really *that* odd. It doesn't look like there's any pleasure involved - it seriously looks and acts as if he thinks the leg belongs to someone else. The only thing that makes any kind of sense to me is a neurotic disorder such that he is really disassociated from the motion of the leg. Very, very odd indeed .....

Could be he no longer has any feeling in his back legs (due to a spinal injury ??)

however his body still reacts to the need to 'scratch'.

I previously read an article about some hunting dogs (that wasn't used as a hunting companion) possess this weird behavior. As you might guess, their instinct to chase and "take down" is so high--but they were never allowed to do what they were actually bred for-- so they would chase and bark at their own body parts O_O usually, the dogs' favorite is tail. Wonder why your hunting dog chases his tail nonstop? Well you got your answer now x)

Even if so, that dog on the vid is obviously a Golden Retriever, and I have never heard of a Golden bred as hunting dog O_O and plus, I have not yet proved that the article is true. It sounds real weird to me, and even if it states that not all hunting dogs possess this "weird behavior", I STILL can't trust it x)

I've been thinking about this off and on all evening long.... the behaviour is really *that* odd. It doesn't look like there's any pleasure involved - it seriously looks and acts as if he thinks the leg belongs to someone else. The only thing that makes any kind of sense to me is a neurotic disorder such that he is really disassociated from the motion of the leg. Very, very odd indeed .....

Totally agree. I hate to disagree with the laugh track, but not funny at all

Even if so, that dog on the vid is obviously a Golden Retriever, and I have never heard of a Golden bred as hunting dog O_O and plus, I have not yet proved that the article is true. It sounds real weird to me, and even if it states that not all hunting dogs possess this "weird behavior", I STILL can't trust it x)

Golden retriever is a huge hunting breed. But I agree with everything else you said Olivia. :)

Could be he no longer has any feeling in his back legs (due to a spinal injury ??)

however his body still reacts to the need to 'scratch'.

think ur right there andy - bings has a dodgy back leg so can no longer scratch his ear that side however it doesnt stop his body from reacting n wanting to scratch - his leg just wont reach tho so we do it for him