hello all!

william hoffman

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:welcome:to Husky Owners - IMHO the BEST forum around LOL! :huskyrocks:

Ask away - there's so many people on here with great knowledge someone will be able to help you with anything you ask :)

Lurverly pup you have there and well done on rescuing him :)

From where in this wonderful world of ours do you hail?

I live in southern California about an hour north of Los Angeles and on the coast, oh and his name is Duke! Can't believe I forgot to mention that.

wonderful and unique name! ^0^ Welcome, William and Duke! You have a stunning baby boy there ;) ask anything you want to ask, I'm sure at least one of us will be able to answer =) Oh and don't worry about your posting time! This forum is active 24/7 because we have members all over the world :) me myself is an example of a member that is mostly active while others are fast asleep! :P

So you guys really like his name? I'm torn, I think it's ok but seems too common for my liking. Plus, I didn't actually think of the name, my girlfriend did and I'm having a hard time coping with the fact that I didn't name my own pup :(. Is it to change it? He doesn't seem to respond to his name so much as he responds to my voice or noise in general.

So you guys really like his name? I'm torn, I think it's ok but seems too common for my liking. Plus, I didn't actually think of the name, my girlfriend did and I'm having a hard time coping with the fact that I didn't name my own pup :(. Is it to change it? He doesn't seem to respond to his name so much as he responds to my voice or noise in general.

you can always rename him if he doesn't respond to it, but won't that upset your GF? =\ and plus, why "duke" is common? We have much more common names in here and hey who cares LOL popular name for a popular dog! ;)

Well she will be upset but she knows he's my dog and lives with me, she will understand if I want to change his name. I would just like something more unique and fits me, named after something I like I guess or just knowing that I named him! But I'm very indecisive. Here's what I'm thinking

From a TV show I like "Entourage"

-Ari or E

I really like Ari and E, but Ari is my gf's sister's name, could be hard to swing that.

From Game of Thrones

-Stark

-Bran

Soccer/other names

-Giggs

-Keane

-Vidic

-Jesse

From a TV show I like "Entourage"

-Ari or E

I really like Ari and E, but Ari is my gf's sister's name, could be hard to swing that.

From Game of Thrones

-Stark

-Bran

Soccer/other names

-Giggs

-Keane

-Vidic

-Jesse

You have a pretty good list =) My favorite is Stark and Keane, and... just like you the last name I would choose is Ari :P btw Inuit names are beautiful too. Since he's a husky, I think it is normal to give him names such as "Siku" or "Denali" or--the most popular one--"Nanook" =)

Welcome, William and Duke, great to have you on board! :wave:

Nothing wrong with Duke, it's not a common husky name, but I know what you mean! :D Have a look through the link Rosemary has posted, call out 1 or 2 you like & see if he responds (differently than just speaking to him) and let him choose his own name! :P

wonderful and unique name! ^0^ Welcome, William and Duke! You have a stunning baby boy there ;) ask anything you want to ask, I'm sure at least one of us will be able to answer =) Oh and don't worry about your posting time! This forum is active 24/7 because we have members all over the world :) me myself is an example of a member that is mostly active while others are fast asleep! :P

Yeh, that's because you keep some realty weird hours!!!

me myself is an -> I, myself, am an

Welcome, William and Duke, great to have you on board! :wave:

Nothing wrong with Duke, it's not a common husky name, but I know what you mean! :D Have a look through the link Rosemary has posted, call out 1 or 2 you like & see if he responds (differently than just speaking to him) and let him choose his own name! :P

Misty had a collar and name on the collar when I first saw her at the shelter - she responded to it so I kept it.

Most of my dogs have named themselves - either by responding to something someone said or, in the case of a black lab I had who responded to *nothing*, me giving them something unique - I named her Kalah, Hindi/Urdu for black.

Y'know, it could be worse if you called *her* duke; at least your g/f got the gender right!

You could always call him JW (or duke for short!)

And .... while everyone else normally pines for more pictures, would you, please, wander over to the member map at http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/memberMap/ and pin yourself. Since we have members from all over it helps if we have some idea where you're from.

Ok I tried pinning myself, hope I did it right. I think Duke is already stuck in my head more than his head! Couple questions, I just noticed my pup's paws are really rough, somewhat painful and scratchy if he gets his paws on my skin. Is this normal? If not what can I do to help him? Do any of your Huskies like to run their paws and "dig" in their water?

Ok I tried pinning myself, hope I did it right. I think Duke is already stuck in my head more than his head! Couple questions, I just noticed my pup's paws are really rough, somewhat painful and scratchy if he gets his paws on my skin. Is this normal? If not what can I do to help him? Do any of your Huskies like to run their paws and "dig" in their water?

If that's you that lives over by Port Hueneme <sp> then you got it! Thanks.

The rough paws may just be the heat <anyone??> I've noticed Misty's have been hard and rough the past few days.

Water - talk about a wide range of answers!! Some dogs swim, others don't; some like to wade, others don't; some play in their water, others don't! Some like the ocean surf; others it scares the piss out of ...

I think one thing we all tend to agree on is that the diggin in the water comes from 1 of 2 places:

They're cooling their feet off - dogs cool themselves by breathing - that's why they pant when they get hot; they also cool off through their ears and the pads of their feet. So possibly what they're doing is trying to cool off.

The other things that people have observed is that the metal bowls seem to attract more "play" attention than other types. (Possibly seeing their reflection in the bowl??)

I cold possibly put a few more possibly's in there, but I think that's enough ...