hello all!

william hoffman

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It hasn't been too hot lately but maybe he is cooling off his feat, or he just always wants to play. He's just recently started digging at parks such too. I think he just likes to make me clean up his messes. I got one of water bowls with a lid on it and small circle in the middle hoping to stop his shenanigans, but now he just sticks his paw in the center and flips it over :(

It hasn't been too hot lately but maybe he is cooling off his feat, or he just always wants to play. He's just recently started digging at parks such too. I think he just likes to make me clean up his messes. I got one of water bowls with a lid on it and small circle in the middle hoping to stop his shenanigans, but now he just sticks his paw in the center and flips it over :(

digging is just how huskies tell you: "I am bored" =) maybe add some more minutes in his walks? Other than that, huskies being a fan of flipping water bowls over is actually quite normal :P I believe it is in the "it's a husky thing" list LOL I think the only way to stop Duke from flipping his water bowl is (wait, am I right?) give him a more interesting place to wet his paw. Kiddie pool is what most people use, but if you have a lake or small river near your house that's even better :)

Welcome William and Duke. :)

Duke is a great name.

While it is a popular DOG name especially with

GSD' (German Shepherds)

It's not a common Husky name.

Any help you need just hollar.

We have 4500+ members in 60+different countries.

There is almost always someone with experience on

24/7.

don't use us just for problems and answers though.

We are a family community, we love to hear about the day to day

fun and games you and Duke will get up to.

Join in. . . Don't be shy :up:

Well she will be upset but she knows he's my dog and lives with me, she will understand if I want to change his name. I would just like something more unique and fits me, named after something I like I guess or just knowing that I named him! But I'm very indecisive. Here's what I'm thinking

From a TV show I like "Entourage"

-Ari or E

I really like Ari and E, but Ari is my gf's sister's name, could be hard to swing that.

From Game of Thrones

-Stark

-Bran

Soccer/other names

-Giggs

-Keane

-Vidic

-Jesse

Stark ...I vote Stark I flippin love game of thrones! and :welcome:

Got it. I had that lovely experience too. Except Bo's bed wasn't in a crate and we had fluffy snow ALL over the house. Love the look it's a: "awww Dad don't be mad, it was just a bit of fun."

Edit: Oops, so sorry forgot to say welcome to the pack. :huskyrocks:

Sorry for all the questions, I'll post more pictures soon to make up for them :). Have any of you ever fed your Husky Acana? I had him on Blue Wilderness, but the protein was a bit high (34%) and the Calcium to Phosphorus ration was 1.45 (which is what I've been reading is more controversial than high protein numbers). I just bought a bag of Acana, but the store doesn't sell a "puppy" form of Acana. Duke is 8 months, how important are puppy foods and when do you all take your pups off puppy food? I'd like him on Orijen but not till a year old or so, but Orijen does have a puppy food at the store I go to.

[ATTACH=full]17212[/ATTACH] More pictures it is! Here is what I woke up to today... ugh.

Boy, you little friend there is definitely blowing his coat!!!!

I've only found two things that're normal for a Husky, they breathe and the eat! Beyond that each one of them is as unique as they can possibly be.

• 1 month later...

post-9169-13586088639551_thumb.jpg

Picture update! I took Duke on a long hike around a river that ends at some punch bowls. I had such a blast and he loved it! He's such an adorable little swimmer. I'm going back next weekend so I'll get many more pictures :D Hopefully his harness will be delivered by then to help him out a bit.

Edit- is this picture too big? How can I resize it if it is?

post-5644-13585987872754_thumb.jpg

What a great picture. Bo's just come back from a walk in the wood and common and he's covered in mud, horse and cow pow and I don't want to think what else. No nice stream to have a paddle in.

hahaha that's hilarious.. maybe toss him in the tub! Well now I'm really eager to get his collar and harness delivered. Turns out Duke isn't a Dallas Cowboys fan, he chewed through his collar.