Newbie :o)

Jemzy

Hey all! Just introducing myeslf and my new pup Ni'cko (4 months old). I'm Jem and I'm a newbie husky owner. Ni'cko has been with me and my family since last sunday and he has settled so well into his new home :D

The only concern I have had is that he tends to growl at the children a bit.....I'm putting this down to a pack thing from what I've been reading. I've been letting my son do things like help me train and feed Ni'cko (after we have eaten) so that he sees my son as a higher pack member. Is there anything else I can do? Advice would be appreciated. Other then that concern, Ni'cko is an amazing and very smart boy and he is loved loaaaaads! :lovebone:

When you post pics as you did that's how they come through - and I haven't seen anyone complain yet. Really good pictures of a really good looking dog.

Are we really sure that those are pictures of the same dog :) In two he's a cute cudly ball of fur and the other he looks to be saying "This is mine!"

Since we have members here from all over the world it helps to have some idea of where people are from. We have a member map at http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/memberMap/ you might want to go and pin yourself there.

Welcome Jem and Ni'cko :)

what a handsome chap he is.

Sounds like you've started off well.

Don't be shy, join in the fun :up:

Hiya, Jem welcome to the pack :wave:

Ni'cko is gorgeous! Love the markings around his eyes :heartbeat: keep taking the pics as they grow up SO quickly in the first year!

Are you sure he is growling at the kids & not trying to "talk"? My girl, Myshka, sounds quite aggressive when she's talking but it's just her way! :P Keep doing what you are doing with having your son give him the odd treat after you have finished eating, he will get the message of who is above who in the household :D

Hello and welcome to the pack, very handsome husky you have on your hands :D Sounds like you are taking some good steps with the growling issue. There is tons of great info here on the forum and lots of personal experiences. Feel free to ask questions, look through the threads, and make new ones.

• 2 weeks later...