Slang

Nicole

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have a dictionary just of the different words they use in Amsterdam :eek: And 40 miles to other direction I wouldn't even be able to understand them anymore.

@Rosemary I do really like reading text in Afrikaans. For some kind of reason it sounds funny when you read it in Dutch and yet I have almost no problem understanding it :D

Womens slang

yes if you must --- -Go ahead, but Im gonna moan at you for the rest of eternity for it

haha also..fine - this is the word women use to end an argument when she knows she is right & you need to shut up. 2. nothing - means something & u need to be worried. 3. go ahead - this is a dare, not permission, do not do it. 4. whatever is a womens way of sayin screw you 5. thats okay she is thinking long in hard on when you will pay

i know munter n steaming lol

my dads side of the family are gordie so theres time when i sound gordie or ill join my words up so when sum1 walks off n i want to go with them ill shout hold on im cumin wiya lol

then theres the chaventry speak - safe, bruv/blud/bredrin whagwanen (whats going on then) ya gets me, sick, mate,

bare - so if somethings like REALLY good u go thats bare sick mate! LOL

i know munter n steaming lol

my dads side of the family are gordie so theres time when i sound gordie or ill join my words up so when sum1 walks off n i want to go with them ill shout hold on im cumin wiya lol

then theres the chaventry speak - safe, bruv/blud/bredrin whagwanen (whats going on then) ya gets me, sick, mate,

bare - so if somethings like REALLY good u go thats bare sick mate! LOL

i do not have a clue why they say all the blood and safe crap lol , have you watched anuvahood? i cringed all the way though that i liked kidulthood n adulthood but damn they ruined it with that :confused:

@BlueWolf I suppose it is because a large majority of our forefathers were Dutch, so there is a lot of similarity in the two language - I could never understand why it changed as much as it did. We can also understand written Dutch, but find it more difficult to understand it when spoken - unless you speak v e r y s l o o o w l y .............

Okay here's a relatively new one that I don't understand....what does "Reem" stand for??!

For the none UKer's, we have a program here called "The Only Way Is Essex" which I will never ever watch in my life because I'd probably punch my television but seemingly this word comes from that show. What does it mean??!?!?!

oh my i cant beleive yous all dont know what buckfast is :D , its a drink which was made in england .. leathal , you see all the neds with it , i swear i have never drank it :oops: haha how can i lie? yes i have :(

It might be made in England, but no-one is England is daft enough to drink it so it's all exported!!!:doglaugh:

Personally I am trying to learn Chavese so I can communicate with the local kids and, in their words, "Chat bare shit with the brers innit! You know what I'm saying!"

It might be made in England, but no-one is England is daft enough to drink it so it's all exported!!!:doglaugh:

quote]

maybe the strong to handle :P jk lol , i think it got banned from england or something? god knows lol

frutellas a bad man sweet ya get me? :cool:

lmao Only way is essex is fake and i should know being an original essex bird :eek: Bird- chick- woman =tweet tweet

in my family when we play monopoly we refer to money as squid, flamingos are mingos, penguins are peng pengs, turkeys are oggle boggles, dogs are bogs, dont ask :confused:

lmao Only way is essex is fake and i should know being an original essex bird :eek: Bird- chick- woman =tweet tweet

in my family when we play monopoly we refer to money as squid, flamingos are mingos, penguins are peng pengs, turkeys are oggle boggles, dogs are bogs, dont ask :confused:

Your quite mad arn`t you lol