TECHY HELP NEEDED

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, I'm not sure how much help I can give you with this. It's been a long time when I even touched Windows, and I never had the experience of having a virus on it. There are multiple ways for a virus to send emails with your address, but I would check your own computer first. Have you installed something recently, and are you using a virusscanner?

Mmh, thinking about is. Do you access your email through a website or have you installed a separate program in your computer to access it? If it's the first, I would definitely change the password of your emailaccount.

aol I have already changed the password when i realised something was happening. my poor aunt and mum got dodgy emails!!!

You need to scan your computer before you change your password. So here's steps ya wanna take.

Ditch norton - norton saying that your system is secure is the equivalent of a pedophile standing next to a child and saying "don't worry your safe with me"

Download either avg free or better yet avast and install this on your system instead of norton

Download malwarebytes antimalware and run a "full" system scan.

Once it has found the problems you obviously have regardless of nortons lies, change your passwords on your email, your instant messengers and clear your temp Internet files

Norton IS the virus!!.......I use Bitdefender Internet Security, had it for years now and its never let me down, briliant program and it also negates the need for antispyware programs too.

And to add to what Marc said about your Temporary Internet Files, do a Disk Cleanup on your C Drive (right click - properties) - this will also clean up your Temp files where a lot of malicious stuff can be stored. And lastly go through your programs and see if anythings there you dont recognize such as toolbars and games that can get installed from other things.

You need to scan your computer before you change your password. So here's steps ya wanna take.

Ditch norton - norton saying that your system is secure is the equivalent of a pedophile standing next to a child and saying "don't worry your safe with me"

Download either avg free or better yet avast and install this on your system instead of norton

Download malwarebytes antimalware and run a "full" system scan.

Once it has found the problems you obviously have regardless of nortons lies, change your passwords on your email, your instant messengers and clear your temp Internet files

Echo what Marc says, have cleared many people's PC's using the software mentioned above

And classic line about Norton lol

I agree with @Dazzlin and others that said get rid of norton. Its expensive and useless. AVG is free and 10 times better. However, me thinks that now that there's already a virus on your computer, the house is already on fire. Kind of too late to instal AVG Smoke detectors no matter how effective they are.

Truth be told, in my experience, time to start saving everything you want to keep and REFORMAT. this is one solution that works everytime. @Marc am I wrong?

It might not have been a virus, just a random hacker, hence why the anti virus programs didn't pick it up.

Hope it's sorted now : )

not exactly, im having to import all my emails to another account and deleted all my contacts coz it tried to send again!!!

While you may have cleaned house by changing

your antivirus and running some good malaware detectors

if they've had access to your address book, they may have cloned it

and may well still be sending stuff out in your name.

Not a lot u can do about that I'm afraid. :(

While you may have cleaned house by changing

your antivirus and running some good malaware detectors

if they've had access to your address book, they may have cloned it

and may well still be sending stuff out in your name.

Not a lot u can do about that I'm afraid. :(

great thanks andy way to go cheer me up :(