Not the dogs fault !!!

Nicole

Normally articles and 'don't blame the dog' statements leave me at a rossroads...on the one hand there are so many incidents that happen that aren't the dogs fault...BUT there's still a problem that NEEDS to be addreseed for the safety/health of both the animal and people...

Huskies have a high prey drive...and they're very intelligent Despite the fact that irresponsible pet fence companies choose to put a picture of a Husky on the invisible fence boxes...they're usually willing to endure the discomfort for a calculated ammount of time to get to their wanderings...if there are chickens nearby that certainly has to outweigh any bit of discomfort that would occur and then disappear in a few seconds with a running start.

That said...I really do hope the courts opt for rehoming rather than euthanization, as in this instance the problem seems to be a failure to responsibly contain...

Couldn't agree more - to me it's common sense that, no matter what it is they've done, if they've done something once that "is bad" you try everything you can to stop them doing it again - doesn't look like the owner bothered at all which isn't Luna's fault :(

Luna is now owned by Rosenthal of the Lexus project ( a Greyhound Legal Defense Project out of NY). He's gotten a restraining order so that Luna cannot be put down. ( Basis is that the "disposition order is not legal, under the statue Luna has done nothing requiring disposition"<paraphrased >) He's in court requesting that everything be dropped since Luna will be taken out of that situation.

Luna was being held behind an invisible fence (and we've discussed the effectiveness of these elsewhere) and his original owner refused to construct a permanent fence to restrain the dog. The owners of the chickens Luna killed were among the most reasonable of the people interviewed (this all taken, btw, from various CT new sources), they'd be perefectly if Luna were simply to be removed to some place where there animals are no longer in danger.

It sounds as if a satisfactory solution has been found, if the court will allow it.

One note that irritated me. The animal control officer who issued the "disposition order" could have revoked it herself, but wanted a third party (the courts) to make that decision. B*itch, you had the cajones to issue the order but don't have the compassion to withdraw it. I'd have your job!