The Bar is Open

Sarah

Ok, barman...I need a LARGE vodka and coke to start with Had a harassing day at work and had car in garage which cost me 180 so am trying to erase today from my memory lol

What's everyone else having? And what's your day been like?

put the shaker in the freezer filled with Bombay Sapphire, chill glasses. Wait for about three hours (start very early) add a splash of vermouth. Shake intensely until the shaker becomes too cold to hold, then shake some more. Pour into well chilled, frosty martini glass. Dress with three really good green olives and make the drink a little dirty. Put feet up and sip slowly....ah...heaven....

Ok tonight having a large vino :D

My stepdaughter was 12 today - Happy Birthday Louise, that calls for drink number one - drink / bottle number 2 has been in need since 3pm this afternoon when i got a call from Louise's school to say she'd fallen badly on her hand and needed collecting and taking to hospital as her hand may be broken.

Got here there, they examined it , no breaks that they though of so it's well bandaged for the moment and if the swelling hasn't gone down in a day or two she has to go back for an x ray - said no point in waiting today for an x ray as she'd be waiting about 5 hours - 5 bloody hours!!!! WTF do I pay my taxes for - oh yeah the politicians gardeners and maids :banghead:

She's had a good birthday none the less and been spoilt lol her hand seems to have gone down a bit now as well so fingers crossed - or not in her case

Cheers all :up:

• 3 weeks later...

Only one drink......

Sitting on the patio surveying the valley.......

Mojito - made just how they do it in Cuba!

By the way for all you Charlatans who put coke in your vodka, try the Polish 'Zubrowka' pronounced sher-bruv-ker. Available now at tesco, asda etc. Best neat straight from the freezer but if you mix it with coke you'll never go back to Smirnoff!!

right tonight i would like a triple vodka on the rocks, i have had the day from hell, to start with the twins get up with what looked suspicually like impetigo, joy, then told dan to put her bin in the bath with some water in so i could clean it out later, 10 mins later the fire alarms are going off, the dizzy bint had put bin in bath with plug in and left taps running , so flooded the bath room , then tht pourin through the kitchen ceiling , through the smoke alarm , setting all 3 of the alarms off, which then set all the dogs off howling, this is at 8 am in the morning , so mop up, make docs appt, phone the housing ass, they said it was down as an emergency, go off to the docs , come back and the fire alarms are going off again , turn fuse off, they keep going apparently they have a back up battery , so phone housing again , to be told to put up with the noise and not to rip them off the ceiling, 5 hours later , i feel like my head is going to explode and im going deaf, mark gets in from work and pulls the damm things down lol, while all this was going on i had to phone social services to cancell a meeting i had at 4.30, cause i was in noooooo mood to mess around with them , 5.30 knock on the door the socil worker came anyway , ffs , so get rid of her, and brother turns up with his son, the boy i foster , saying hes been a little shit, and can i have a word with him , next thing BANG , taz has just knocked over a glass cabinet and it has exploded all over the frontroom, , crushing my fecking hoover , its knacked , its way too hot , its the wrong time of the month , im gonna kill very soon mmmmmwwwaaahhhhhhh

i took the boys n tori for a walk up the chase, poor mark had trouble keepin up cause he sprained his ankle yesterday , but it calmed me down and the boys were walking lovley , feeling a bit less likely to kill now, but all the kids were in bed by the time we got home lmao , just hope tomorrow goes a bit more smoothly , and thanx lol just needed to vent