hello i'm new

aaww isn't that the cutest puppy ever? :wub: how I LOVE to see pics of puppies! ^0^ welcome to the forum, Karolina you are more than welcome here =) Please don't hesitate to post any questions no matter what time of the day it is LOL this forum is active 24/7 and we have lots of experts here ;) btw... Welcome to the dark side! Since you're officially a husky owner, you can NOW feel the wrath of shedding period LOL LOL :P

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you think my pup will be long or short hair husky ?

It depends on the genes =) Have you ever met Corra's parents? If they are short-haired then she'll be a short-haired husky. If one of'em is woolly-coated, well... idk it all depends if the woolly-coat gene is recessive or dominant! But one more additional info: does she come from a champion bloodline? If yes (meaning her parents are both champion huskies) then she'll be short-coated for sure. Woolly-coat is not acceptable in the show ring, so unless her parents are pet-quality dogs she won't have a woolly-coat =)

Hope that helps you! :D

It depends on the genes =) Have you ever met Corra's parents? If they are short-haired then she'll be a short-haired husky. If one of'em is woolly-coated, well... idk it all depends if the woolly-coat gene is recessive or dominant! But one more additional info: does she come from a champion bloodline? If yes (meaning her parents are both champion huskies) then she'll be short-coated for sure. Woolly-coat is not acceptable in the show ring, so unless her parents are pet-quality dogs she won't have a woolly-coat =)

Hope that helps you! :D

well her parents look like wolfs with short hair paws and long hair back and mediun on the face

well her parents look like wolfs with short hair paws and long hair back and mediun on the face

umm... that's a bit confusing LOL well here let's take a look on a pic of a woolly husky =) that is my baby boy Diamond and he's 100% woolly husky =) You can notice that by looking at his way-too-fluffy tail and his longer-than-normal coat =) if Corra's parents (or parent) has a coat like this then they're a woolly-coated.

post-3916-13586083521157_thumb.jpg

Now this is the shorter-coated husky that fulfills the breed standard. Notice the BIG difference in coat length and tail. Thanks to their coat, woolly huskies always seem slightly fatter than the others. You can clearly see that this husky down here seem much slimmer than Diamond =)

so? which one is Corra's parents?

post-2850-1358598157785_thumb.jpg

post-2850-13585981579216_thumb.jpg

umm... that's a bit confusing LOL well here let's take a look on a pic of a woolly husky =) that is my baby boy Diamond and he's 100% woolly husky =) You can notice that by looking at his way-too-fluffy tail and his longer-than-normal coat =) if Corra's parents (or parent) has a coat like this then they're a woolly-coated.

[ATTACH=full]17434[/ATTACH]

Now this is the shorter-coated husky that fulfills the breed standard. Notice the BIG difference in coat length and tail. Thanks to their coat, woolly huskies always seem slightly fatter than the others. You can clearly see that this husky down here seem much slimmer than Diamond =)

[ATTACH=full]17435[/ATTACH]

Olivia,your dog is STUNNING!!.Love that Pic!!:)Was always hoping for a woolly one myself,but it never happened.

:(.Still,with 4 ,maybe it would be even more fur everywhere!!

Olivia,your dog is STUNNING!!.Love that Pic!!:)Was always hoping for a woolly one myself,but it never happened.

:(.Still,with 4 ,maybe it would be even more fur everywhere!!

LOL LOL thanks but warning: they shed like a malamute XD and plus, woollies are counted as a fault and can not be shown =\ Anyone wanna start a campaign to change the breed standard? LOL :D

[ATTACH=full]17434[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]17435[/ATTACH]

Olivia, I am in love with Diamond :heartbeat:. Just stunning! x

:welcome: from Abbie and Sabien. I beleive our Sabien is a woolly, yet his parents are both 'normal' coated, however his grandfather was a woolly.

Here are a couple of pictures of him

[ATTACH=full]17452[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]17453[/ATTACH]

(Sorry about the tail, he was excited about being at the beach, I need to learn how to photo shop that out :redface1:)

:oops:He's a beauty,even with the tail!!

i have a question .. how do i post a new tread ?

Have you got this sorted or still need a helping hand?

If you need a pointer, go to the section you want to post in on the main Home page, then top right of screen you will see an orange "button" - Post New Thread .... click that & away you go! :D