Husky emergency in Canada

Michelle Melsom

I saw this today and I thought I would share it with you and maybe if you know someone in that area that can help perhaps?

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110806/mtl_dogs_110806/20110806/?hub=MontrealHome

I would help but I can't have another dog where I am at atm >.<

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would help but i live in another country, those poor huskies :( those people who tied them up to a tree and left them should be tied upto a tree themselves for a week without any food or water!

These sled dog companys in Canada are making Canada look really bad. I dont know if youve ever heard of the Whistler 100 but its the most disgusting thing to ever happen and I wish horrible things on the man that did that to those dogs http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/20110131/bc-sled-dogs-killed-110131/

These sled dog companys in Canada are making Canada look really bad. I dont know if youve ever heard of the Whistler 100 but its the most disgusting thing to ever happen and I wish horrible things on the man that did that to those dogs http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/20110131/bc-sled-dogs-killed-110131/

thats so awful cant believe people can be so evil and cruel something should be done to stop it :( those poor poor animals :cry1::cry1:

Poor dogs, why do people do this to animals :arghh:

Same reason people eat animals, but to a more exagerrated degree...the animal world is generally considered something that humanity can use as it sees fit. If everyone were to seriously consider animals in a way that does them any sort of justice one would either be a vegeterian or ..as this is really the only rightly moral conclusion a vegan. Converting to a vegan is hard...believe me I am trying...I love the taste of meat...however I think the moral rights of an animal, at least it's suffering outweighs my taste buds.

People do this in general to anyone or anything they see as beneath them. It's un unfortunate by-product of the culture that we grow up in, though it's changing...slowly...and for the better. But think about animal suffering in general think about taste buds...then look to stories like these and the why is very apparent...i wish it wasn't.

I just rescued my Akira or I would rescue one of these dogs as well. I did call a few shelters (no kill) and let them know there are also several husky rescue places in alberta that have been notified. Hopefully something good will come of this.

On a side note I lived close to a place that had a dog sled race, almost all of the dogs were transported in those little cages like chickens are deleivered in. I would argue that only a very few mushers (pro) view there dogs as companions in the sense most, if not all on this board do.

All animal suffering is horrible.

Same reason people eat animals, but to a more exagerrated degree...the animal world is generally considered something that humanity can use as it sees fit. If everyone were to seriously consider animals in a way that does them any sort of justice one would either be a vegeterian or ..as this is really the only rightly moral conclusion a vegan. Converting to a vegan is hard...believe me I am trying...I love the taste of meat...however I think the moral rights of an animal, at least it's suffering outweighs my taste buds.

People do this in general to anyone or anything they see as beneath them. It's un unfortunate by-product of the culture that we grow up in, though it's changing...slowly...and for the better. But think about animal suffering in general think about taste buds...then look to stories like these and the why is very apparent...i wish it wasn't.

I just rescued my Akira or I would rescue one of these dogs as well. I did call a few shelters (no kill) and let them know there are also several husky rescue places in alberta that have been notified. Hopefully something good will come of this.

On a side note I lived close to a place that had a dog sled race, almost all of the dogs were transported in those little cages like chickens are deleivered in. I would argue that only a very few mushers (pro) view there dogs as companions in the sense most, if not all on this board do.

All animal suffering is horrible.

I dont believe in animals suffering so if they are killed humanely then thats another thing. Kudos to you tho for being vegan I could do the vegitarian thing but not the vegan thing :P This is not ment to be a rude question but what do you feed your dog?

I dont believe in animals suffering so if they are killed humanely then thats another thing. Kudos to you tho for being vegan I could do the vegitarian thing but not the vegan thing :P This is not ment to be a rude question but what do you feed your dog?

What do I feed my Dog, that is difficult. I am a morally responsible individual, my dog is not...he cannot make the decision to go vegan on moral grounds. He gets mostly tuna and veggies, salmon, whitefish that sort of thing....never farm raised. It is a recent decision as well, I didn't always have the gumption to follow my views in practice, but I am now....vegan is hard, i can claim i at least never slip back beyond vegeterian. They also have ygurt with spirulina in it and a few other things like that. Howevr they do get raw bones...which I am still looking at pros and cons regarding their health if these are removed...I can take vitamins....not sure on this with dogs.

What do I feed my Dog, that is difficult. I am a morally responsible individual, my dog is not...he cannot make the decision to go vegan on moral grounds. He gets mostly tuna and veggies, salmon, whitefish that sort of thing....never farm raised. It is a recent decision as well, I didn't always have the gumption to follow my views in practice, but I am now....vegan is hard, i can claim i at least never slip back beyond vegeterian. They also have ygurt with spirulina in it and a few other things like that. Howevr they do get raw bones...which I am still looking at pros and cons regarding their health if these are removed...I can take vitamins....not sure on this with dogs.

oh ok ^.^ and there are vitamins I am actually using great vitamins for Marius atm they are called NuVet Plus :) he loves them o.O