New pack, hello!

Guest Hollow

@Hollow thats awesome :) its great that ur already starting a training plan (i was abit slack in training mine tbh lol) skyla is abit more biddable then blaze as she will do anything to please me and for a treat and blaze wont lol hes a fussy bugger :) the sooner u start the training the better aswell :) and i know what u mean about how some have a stronger urge - ill be 100% honest here - i have let skyla offlead - but blaze i never could - hes slipped his collar b4 n shot off like a rocket - but even as a pup when skyla escaped she would come back - i dont let her off but i like to know that if she did escape or get offlead i dont have 2 panic the way i do with blaze lol - if u know what i mean which im sure you do

thanks :) Skyla is my baby - blaze is my mums dog so i have a better bond with her then i do him - n im actually allowed to take her out with me which im not allowed to do with blaze which is why most vids i have on my youtube are of skyla lol

good luck - i really hope it all works out for u n wish u all the best with it - u will have 2 get some training vids n post them up too :) i would love to watch ur method n see it in play

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hollow

@BingBlaze'n'Skyla - I'll have to see what I can do with videos. Right now he's still very much being a stubborn little puppy, but as he progresses (If he progresses) I'll be sure to capture and post it. From what I've read on here about recall training I may not have much luck, but we'll see.

@valhalla - Glad you like the video, I missed it as I was away in London on business for a few days, so Rose video'd it. Apparently just before that she had been using it and he was going nuts at it, which we almost expected as lots of puppies do not like hoovers, but the fact he kept going after it was turned off prompted Rose to get the camera out. :D

@BingBlaze'n'Skyla - I'll have to see what I can do with videos. Right now he's still very much being a stubborn little puppy, but as he progresses (If he progresses) I'll be sure to capture and post it. From what I've read on here about recall training I may not have much luck, but we'll see.

@valhalla - Glad you like the video, I missed it as I was away in London on business for a few days, so Rose video'd it. Apparently just before that she had been using it and he was going nuts at it, which we almost expected as lots of puppies do not like hoovers, but the fact he kept going after it was turned off prompted Rose to get the camera out. :D

Its not only puppies that do not like hoovers one of mine Thor exits the room, Odin just lays in front of it and will not move and Loki just lays on the sofa and lets me hoover her lol

you should make a video diary i think :P lol

aww mine hate the hoover too - even my 13yr old boy aswell

Guest Hollow

Well took him down to the shop for all the people to adore him and stroke him and ask me questions about how old he is and blah blah blah :D and now he's crashed out on the kitchen floor!

Sleepy-Syntax.jpg

Hello Hollow! Welcome to the absolute best Husky Forum going!! If you've been reading around the forum you'll find that I had let my Misty off lead but our situation is very unusual - I live in the Texas desert where there are very few people. Even at that recall is a joke. I've let her run not knowing whether she'll be home in an hour or 20.

Your furball and son make a good picture, it won't be long till Syntax and juniour are having a real tug of war for each others attention, I'll bet.

I do a bit of programming as well (for personal pleasure) so I can relate to "Syntax", good name!!

Take care, enjoy, and we have enough non-Husky's among us that we may be testing your expertise with those off-breeds!

Guest Hollow

Thanks Al, I must say, it's nice to find a forum/owners club for something other than programming or cars! Rose and I are both, petrol heads, IT Geeks and Animal Lovers. Although we've always found forums for the cars and the computing stuff, this is a first on the animal front. I guess it shows just how unique of an animal a husky really is!

My dream is to be in the position my uncle was in a few years ago before he retired and sold his land, he had 9 acres down in kent, with 3 GSDs and a dog that no one knows what it was, but it looked like a very large fox, including colour, now I have seen how huskies are, Sasha may well have been part husky. He had woodlands, a lake, paddocks etc. all fenced off with nothing much around it. The dogs were allowed to run around as much as they liked, because they couldn't get anywhere and they were the fittest, healthiest, most obedient, loving GSDs I've had the pleasure of knowing. They all used to like to howl up at the lake too, so can just imagine a pack of Huskies doing it :D