Grandmother saves boy....

Sparks

A seven-year-old boy seriously injured during an attack by a rottweiler on a beach in Essex was saved by his grandmother, police said.

The boy suffered around 20 puncture wounds to his body and arms during the incident on Southend beach on Friday.

He remains in hospital after undergoing two lots of surgery.

Police said his grandmother had to pull the dog off the boy as it attacked him while he played in the sea. The dog's owner then ran off, they said. :@

The man's two rottweiler dogs ran into the water by the Eastern Esplanade, by Chelsea Avenue, and one dog mauled the boy.

'Terrifying ordeal'

During the attack, the boy was forced underwater prompting fears from his grandmother he would drown.

PC Rob Kirk, from Essex Police, said: "The boy's grandmother had to physically pull the dog from the boy for fear it was going to drown the child or continue to bite him to death.

"It must have been a terrifying ordeal for all concerned."

Police said after the grandmother pulled the dog away, both dogs and their owner ran back onto the promenade, then over the road and up Chelsea Avenue towards Southchurch Park.

Mr Kirk added: "He allowed this dog to be dangerously out of control in a public place and a young lad has been left with horrific injuries, both physical and emotional I am sure.

"Please tell me who this dog walker is so we can take appropriate action to ensure it does not happen again."

I now think its about time that all dogs are tagged IMO, the tag is to be attached to the collar so as to be inspected by Police, Street Wardens and Dog Patrols, the tag can only be Obtained from the Local Police Station by the owner who`s details would be logged into a data base , a small sum of money should be paid by the owner, If found out and about not having a tag then the dog / dogs are taken away, Its just a thought as something has to be done to stop irresponsible people having dogs that they cannot handle and use as a status symbol :banghead:

amazing Grandmother :) poor boy

and

Stupid arse hat dog owner! wtf! a) he didn't control his dogs, B) it had to be the grandmother step in, not the stupid owner and C) he ran off! the damn coward.

eugh some people make me sick

nought to say but :ditto: Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a member of the human race!

amazing Grandmother :) poor boy

and

Stupid arse hat dog owner! wtf! a) he didn't control his dogs, B) it had to be the grandmother step in, not the stupid owner and C) he ran off! the damn coward.

eugh some people make me sick

nought to say but :ditto: Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a member of the human race!

Yep - couldn't agree more!

Same as you've all said - somethings' got to be done but I suppose those who break the laws now will continue to do so even if something is brought in and it's us law abiding peeps that end up suffering.

Hope the lad makes a recovery and can overcome the mental scars he will have :(