Barking Heads

Geordie_Paul

Hi,

Recently I've had problems with my 9 month old Husky not eating his kibble no matter whether I've made gravy with it, used oil etc... Whenever I'd mix it with raw he would eat the raw and leave the kibble, I've tried a few varieties over the recent months including some of the most expensive to no avail! The only one I ever had any luck with was Arden Grange I originally had him when he was younger on but he went off that as well!!

HOWEVER.... I was recently at my local pet shop and got recommended Barking Heads by the shop assistant and I had a look at the ingredients and they weren't the worst i'd tried (not the best either with oats included but not bad by any means) so thought I'd try the puppy variety... sure enough I tried him with it, gradually of course, and he's been absolutely wolfing it down for the past couple of weeks along with his raw and doesn't leave anything AT ALL lol... includes essentials oils and minerals so has brought his coat up lovely as well!!

Anyway just thought I'd ask whether any other Husky owners had previous experience with this food or what you think of the ingredients??? The ingredients for the puppy variety are as follows....

Fresh British (lol) Chicken (min 22%), Dried Chicken (min 21%), Brown Rice (min 21%), Ground Oats, Dried Salmon (min 10%), Potato, Chicken Fat, Sunflower oil, Dried Egg, Salmon Oil, Minerals, Dried Tomato, Dried Carrot, Natural Seaweed, Vitamins, Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM.

Cheers,

Paul

Yeah he gets his teeth brushed, although he doesn't like it he knows he doesn't have a choice Lol

Grains were my main problem when I first looked however you see them in pretty much all the main stream foods. Plus the expensive ones I bought that did not include them he would not touch so as long as he is happy and I know it's not having adverse effects on him I'm happy!!

They also do an adult Fusspot range which doesn't include the rice (grounds oats are included however) so may be a good option for adult dogs, ingredients as follows...

Fresh Scottish Salmon (min 26%), Potato (min 26%), Ground Oats, Dried Salmon, (min 15%), Potato Starch, Rapeseed Oil, Salmon Oil, Minerals, Dried Tomato, Natural Seaweed, Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM, Vitamins.

We've had our 3 on Barking heads and they love it. :)

Got it from Jolleys in high Wycombe.

Keeps them pretty solid too.

Not the cheapest kibble though :(