Greetings from Singapore!

Equinox

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Didn't know there's more than one Singaporean here!

Here you go :D

post-2358-13586084430118_thumb.jpg

May I know how much is husky selling for in Singapore now?

Heard from friends they are pretty expensive - buying from a well known breeder is gonna cost a bomb...

I have the urge to starting speaking Singlish but they're gonna think I'm talking weird :oops:

post-4458-13585982565539_thumb.jpg

Welcome! Fellow Singaporean here, currently studying in Melbourne now tho :D

Missed the fireworks on National Day - was it still the same old?

Lots of helpful people here giving advice 24/7, so if ever in doubt feel free to post them here!

@Calin

It really depends on the type of housing you'll be living in

Flats in Singapore generally do not allow large breed - list of approved breed can be found here:

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10326p.nsf/w/PetBreedsAllowed?OpenDocument

However, they are allowed in private properties and condos

Renting might also be a problem if the place comes furnished

And....Singapore is hot and humid (you've been there, you know that), not exactly an ideal country for a husky to live in.

Some of the husky owners there on their air-conditioning 24/7 so it's not an issue for them

Hey thanks for the info, I'd have a choice between a residence up by Woodlands or a condo by Raffles Place provided by the company so that should be fine as far as accommodation is concerned, I was more worried about how they would deal with that level of humidity and the heat. I'd have no problems keeping the air-con on, but how do they deal with being outside? I don't really want to go to a park and have the poor guy dying under a tree! :(

Hi hi, hope you liked your stay here in Singapore during June!

Think @kkendra did a lot of answering to your queries on living with dogs here. By the way, where are u & Aries from? Cos we might have some quarantine laws here that u might wanna check it out. I heard it has been relaxed a whole lot lately. So it might not be that much a hassle after all. But do check them out first.

I think Singapore is generally dog friendly (but I feel there is still lots of room to improve). U can walk Aries in parks like the Botanic gardens. And we have several fenced up dog runs across the island state. There is even a new dog run on top of a new shopping mall with a dog cafe along with it.

If there are any specific things u wanna know more about, do gimme a shout.

Hey thanks, I love singapore, still cant believe how fast it changes. Last time I was there was before Marina Bay was built, it's crazy how efficient you guys are ;) I got Aries in the UK and I've been living there with him the past year and a half, otherwise I'm Dutch. I donno, I'm not set to go until jan next year, but regardless of the offer I'm not going to go if it means leaving Aries here, even if it's with family so I have to make a decision soon.

I believe there are lots more Singaporean member here =) welcome to the pack, we're looking forward for your posts in the forum ;) don't hesitate to ask anything! This forum is active 24/7 so no need to look at the clock before posting LOL

Welcome to the forum

I do envy you living there having been to your country a few times, I had the privalidge to stay at Raffles for a few nights, i love the Night Safari that you have and had the best time on Sentosa Island too

Hey! I am glad u like Singapore!

Not sure when was the last time you were over here as we have the Universal Studios theme park at Sentosa island now! And next month, in September, there will be the Formula-1 Grand Prix Night Race!

Didn't know there's more than one Singaporean here!

Here you go :D

[ATTACH=full]17932[/ATTACH]

May I know how much is husky selling for in Singapore now?

Heard from friends they are pretty expensive - buying from a well known breeder is gonna cost a bomb...

I have the urge to starting speaking Singlish but they're gonna think I'm talking weird :oops:

Well, on the costs of buying a husky here. Really depends. I have seen pet shops offering as low as S$ 1288 to show breeders offering for S$3k and above for pups. And I am referring to pet pups and not show potential pups ya.

Since u are in Melbourne. U should definitely bring your dog or even more back. Lol. It's cheaper and better quality (bloodlines, health wise etc) if u manage to get it from a good breeder there. Try to attend the Royal Melbourne Show there (should be in September if I recall correctly) and find out which day they are showing the huskies and get acquainted with the breeders there. There are a lot of information on breeders in Victoria in the net. Am sure some of them might be right here in this forum too!

Hey thanks, I love singapore, still cant believe how fast it changes. Last time I was there was before Marina Bay was built, it's crazy how efficient you guys are ;) I got Aries in the UK and I've been living there with him the past year and a half, otherwise I'm Dutch. I donno, I'm not set to go until jan next year, but regardless of the offer I'm not going to go if it means leaving Aries here, even if it's with family so I have to make a decision soon.

Hi @calin,

Thanks for the compliments about my little country! Yes, we came a long way over a really short period of time. In fact we just celebrated our 46th National Day on Tuesday! We are a young nation but you have seen it yourself how we managed to build a little city state into what it is today.

Coming from UK there will be no quarantine required. So its gonna be easy to bring Aries over. Rest assured, they will live ok here. Just avoid the afternoon sun. Go to the parks in the morning or evenings and Aries will be fine. We have people keeping Alaskan malamutes, old English sheepdogs, chow chows, etc here as well. Hence plenty of water and a little planning on the time to walk your dog etc will definitely do. U can bring Aries to the beaches for a swim too if it gets a little warm! Lol.

And we've got plenty of veterinary hospitals & clinics here. And lots of petshops & couple of dog friendly cafes/restaurants here too!

Hi @calin,

Thanks for the compliments about my little country! Yes, we came a long way over a really short period of time. In fact we just celebrated our 46th National Day on Tuesday! We are a young nation but you have seen it yourself how we managed to build a little city state into what it is today.

Coming from UK there will be no quarantine required. So its gonna be easy to bring Aries over. Rest assured, they will live ok here. Just avoid the afternoon sun. Go to the parks in the morning or evenings and Aries will be fine. We have people keeping Alaskan malamutes, old English sheepdogs, chow chows, etc here as well. Hence plenty of water and a little planning on the time to walk your dog etc will definitely do. U can bring Aries to the beaches for a swim too if it gets a little warm! Lol.

And we've got plenty of veterinary hospitals & clinics here. And lots of petshops & couple of dog friendly cafes/restaurants here too!

Haha great to know thanks for all the info. The million dollar question, can i take him to Sentosa? :P

Haha great to know thanks for all the info. The million dollar question, can i take him to Sentosa? :P

Oh yes, I do bring my dogs to Sentosa over the weekend sometimes. Near Siloso beach, there are beach bars that are dogs friendly. So you can have a beer and let the dog have a swim as well. There's also a Cafe del Mar there that has a pool for dogs!

Well, on the costs of buying a husky here. Really depends. I have seen pet shops offering as low as S$ 1288 to show breeders offering for S$3k and above for pups. And I am referring to pet pups and not show potential pups ya.

Since u are in Melbourne. U should definitely bring your dog or even more back. Lol. It's cheaper and better quality (bloodlines, health wise etc) if u manage to get it from a good breeder there. Try to attend the Royal Melbourne Show there (should be in September if I recall correctly) and find out which day they are showing the huskies and get acquainted with the breeders there. There are a lot of information on breeders in Victoria in the net. Am sure some of them might be right here in this forum too!

It's from 24 September - 2 Oct - have been waiting for it since I came over!

Not sure I wanna get another just yet, will definitely look into it if I know I'll be staying in Melb for good.

My mum is real scared of dogs, and with the amount of room space I have back home, add in two or more huskies will be a nightmare lol

@Calin

Think you got your million question answered!