Czar Demon ate $200 today!!

AttilaVikingsDemon

Lool, this also works in the UK. I found it out while working in the city, a trader at work owed me 20 quid and when I was talking to him he was like "oh yeah, here's the money I owe you" - then took out a 50 pound note, tore half off and gave it to me. My reaction was along the lines of "what the hell mate?!" and he laughed and said stop by the bank on the way home and you'll find I gave you 5 extra! So yeah, apparently, if you have half a note they give you half its value :P

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lool, this also works in the UK. I found it out while working in the city, a trader at work owed me 20 quid and when I was talking to him he was like "oh yeah, here's the money I owe you" - then took out a 50 pound note, tore half off and gave it to me. My reaction was along the lines of "what the hell mate?!" and he laughed and said stop by the bank on the way home and you'll find I gave you 5 extra! So yeah, apparently, if you have half a note they give you half its value :P

Now that's odd ... to say the least. Here in the US you have to have enough of both serial numbers so they can actually determine what bills to replace - half a bill wouldn't make it.

"Okay, Demon, cough it up!!!!!"

Now that's odd ... to say the least. Here in the US you have to have enough of both serial numbers so they can actually determine what bills to replace - half a bill wouldn't make it.

"Okay, Demon, cough it up!!!!!"

Yeah I donno, worked out alright despite me being annoyed at his little cityboy attitude....but depends on the policy in place I suppose. If i were trying to reduce the money supply I'd happily accept half a note for half the value. Essentially, I've just bought back the 50 pound note for a discount, as unless the other half gets given in to a bank its essentially useless.

They needed at least 60% here they told me, I'm so glad they were understanding tho-Demon never knew what expensive taste he had

Haha, guess you're glad he didn't swallow more then!

You are right there! looking back, I should've taken pics of the money in little pieces and posted it on here, however, even when the bank told me on the phone that they would fix the problem, nothing occurred to me but to fly to the bank and speak to the same individual as I did on the phone before they changed their policy:D