Meet: Link!

Matthew

Well as you remember I was looking into the great dane, well I returned her to the breeder. I did this because I felt I wasnt ready for such a dog and I didnt want to ruin her because she is such a good dog I dont think I could make it live up to a perfect great dane...Well that aside...

I saw this husky at the pound for a while, he has been there for 2 months now, been on a waiting list for a month for him. I was the last person on the list of 6 so I wasnt very optimistic. But this morning I went to the pound(which I do 3-4 times a week) to check on him and other huskies. I was waiting in line to ask what number they are on, while in line this couple asked about the husky and they said there is one more person on the list they need to call first. That person was me! Well I didnt let these people get them because they looked like they didnt know anything about them.

Well an hour later I walked out with him, taught him sit in that time waiting on paperwork lol....Well he is in bad shape, his winter coat is still on him, very very course hair, smelly breath, yellow teeth, some soars on him, tons of knots! I have lots of work ahead of me! Well I knew this dog was a good dog, he rolled on his back when I petted him and would come sometime when called. He also listened to me when I told him not to bark at the cats.

Hes home now, gets along perfectly with Navi, they are just playing like they have known each other for years. He also doesnt bug my maltipoo at all, just smells him and moves along. He jumps, but I can fix that.

Here are pictures of before and semi-after, the first pics are ones of him before its brush, the others are of him after 45 mins of brushing, not even half way done with brushing him out. Also I cant bath him since he just got nuetered so he looks a lil wierd, but I love him anyways!

photo54c.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

photo44l.jpg

photo36y.jpg

Hair!

photo28b.jpg

after some brushing

photo19v.jpg

photo37t.jpg

photo45c.jpg

photo55e.jpg

photo27dn.jpg

Thanks all,

Its only been 3 hours and Its hard work already! They eat each others food, this husky doesnt want to use the doggie dooor so I have to open the door. Trying to keep them from playing inside. Since Link doenst know the rules, I cant relax, always keeping an eye on him*looks over shoulder*

Cant wait to see what he will look like when hes back to normal, its like a christmas present :P

Link probably thinks all his Christmas', birthdays and any other celebration you can think of have all come together when you took him home and he has another husky as a playmate.

Well done for taking him in. :)

Don't worry he'll soon settle in and get the hang of things like "Doggy doors"

You'll probably have some dominance spats until they settle who's top dog.

Love links eyes. :up:

They'll be best of friends soon enough, then you won't be able to separate them. :)

@Matthew Great dog! He looks an awful lot like my Mokodo. I remember when my son first came to visit to meet Kodo. He said, "I really like the color. I didn't think I would". It was funny he'd said that because I wasn't sure about a red head either. But since having one, and learning about the color changes they go through from season to season, I'm so excited! Link is beautiful

Congrats on getting Link, now all you need is a Zelda :wub:

Glad he's out of the shelter. He's already a handsome boy but bet he'll look amazing with some love and care

Good luck with everything

Haha, no zelda for a couple of years, need a bigger house for more dogs :P.....Thanks ill be sure to update in a month to see if he gets better.