Oh dear, poor Sabien

Sabien&Abs

Sabien had his operation yesterday and what a carry on we have had since he came home. He panicked like mad when we put the cone on him and did not feel we could keep it on, so I stayed up until 6am watching him to make sure he did not lick his stitches. I eventually needed some sleep and posted on here for advice. I put an old t shirt on his rear end, legs through sleeves and tail through neck and tied it around him. I didn't get any pics of this as it was 6am, however I went to sleep for a bit and he had managed to get it off. Here are a couple of alternatives to cones we have used, which have been more successful.

This is Sabien when he got home, still groggy but whimpering at me to stroke him

post-8992-1358608455026_thumb.jpg

This is Sabien with the Rocky Balboa look as an alternative cone -

post-1262-13586084552648_thumb.jpg

post-1262-13586084553141_thumb.jpg

He got too hot in this so here is his new alternative cone, which seems to be working well

post-1262-13586084553774_thumb.jpg

post-5658-13585982736171_thumb.jpg

post-5658-13585982742714_thumb.jpg

post-5658-13585982748124_thumb.jpg

post-5658-13585982753501_thumb.jpg

LMAO. The look on his face; talk about insult to injury. Good thinking though and glad you found a solution to the problem. You're definitely gonna have to make this up to him BIG time.

LOL, he is not impressed at all is he, mind it is so much better than the cone, he can move freely(ish) and can access his water and food bowl without any problems and he is more relaxed and hopefully I will get some sleep, yay. Good job he doesn't know these pictures have been posted on the net, he would be very embarrassed!!