Strange Husky Behavior with 1 Toy?

Ice and Cripton

Wellll ever since Alaska was a baby she's had a thing for this small green, rubber ball that squeeks >> I just found it and made it squeek by accident and she came rushing over whinning and franticly looking for it! Then i started playing with it and she looked at it and me like i was tossing one of her puppies in the air!!! >> She whines and whoo's and barks, soooo i gave it to her, she took it in her mouth gently and lay down, then she put it under her chin, softly whinned and she keeps licking it and looking at it..........soo baffed lol? Anyone else's sibe do this or something similar?

has she always been this spft with it or is it a new thing to lay down and guard it? skye has had a teddy that she likes to curl up with, but doesnt bother too much if i have it, will just sit and wait!

Always done it, ever since my mum bought it when she was 4 months! >>> But it's only 'cos it squeeks >>> She protects it though, i was reading that some dogs hear the squeek and confuse it with a dying animal << Like another whine........dont know whether to take it when shes not looking or leave her with it now lool

Aww, can you take it off her without a fight? If ou can then I cant see the harm in her having it, but obviously if she is that protective of it she would do anything to guard it then it would be worth taking it away......so if someone tried to take it, or a child wanted to take it this would avoid any unwanted events

Noushka used to do this, just after he phantom pregnancy and her foster pups. Every time she squeezed it (very gently though) she cried, we thought her teeth must be hurting so we checked them but they were fine. We were told it could be the sound of little pups she was hearing, so we eventually took it of her. Maybe Alaska has a built in maternal drive?

Noushka used to do this, just after he phantom pregnancy and her foster pups. Every time she squeezed it (very gently though) she cried, we thought her teeth must be hurting so we checked them but they were fine. We were told it could be the sound of little pups she was hearing, so we eventually took it of her. Maybe Alaska has a built in maternal drive?

You might have a point there! When Alaska meets very small puppies of about 12-16weeks she doesn't want to play, she wants to nip them (gently), teach them manners and lick them to death lol Balto would much rather squish the poor thing in a rambuncious play:rolleyes: Today she was tossing it in the air and pushing it >>> it was almost like she felt guilty for playing with it when it squeeked, in her dog bed she dug under her bedding and made a little area for it >>>> Weird or what! Should i take it away from her?

• 1 year later...

Hi guys , Dakota has started doing this with a rubber purple octopus I bought her a few weeks ago. She whines and howls if we squeek it,she carries it around very gently in her mouth and licks it a lot. She's very protective of it too, I can take it from her but she won't settle till I give it back. I read about the phantom pregency and she's not showing any physical signs of this. I starting to think maybe she's broody ? I am so maybe she's picking up from me?