Astronomical Diarrhoea-warning graphic details

WARNING DO NOT READ WHILST EATING BREAKFAST!!

This morning we woke up to a poo explosion in Angels crate. Proper everywhere. She has had kibble only for a few days as she was a bit loose, two treats last night at bedtime as usual, nothing she hasnt had before.

She had severe wind last night (worse than usual).

No blood present in it, bit lumpy but mostly runny.

Didnt eat anything she shouldnt have.

Any ideas what is wrong with her??? Is she ill?? Has she picked up a bug from somewhere?

On a plus side she had a bath, so now she smells nice!

Did she 'Nom' anything on a walk ?

Drink from any puddles?

If ours are 'a bit loose' we tend to cut back on the kibble and

increase the meat portion.

If she's ONLY had kibble have you increased the amount to 'compensate'

for whatever you have cut out of her diet while she 'is loose'??

If so then too much kibble.

do u go to a dog park or anything? dogs can get gastro like us maybe she has a bug??

no no dog parks near me

Did she 'Nom' anything on a walk ?

Drink from any puddles?

If ours are 'a bit loose' we tend to cut back on the kibble and

increase the meat portion.

If she's ONLY had kibble have you increased the amount to 'compensate'

for whatever you have cut out of her diet while she 'is loose'??

If so then too much kibble.

no nomming as we dont walk on agilio days

we usually just cut out the meat and give the kibble and it settles them

She doesnt eat all of it anyway.

in fact this morning she hasnt eaten anything

ewww nice!

i wouldn't give her any food today lol

really???? or should I break out the fish and rice??

What treats do you give her, maybe her tummy is to sensitive for them at the moment.. Just try to starve her for the day and give her something later on but no treats ..

X Angie & Rico X

last night it was just a markie biscuit and a twisted rawhide stick.

Agree with Sarah, don't feed her for 24 hours. Just make sure she gets plenty of water. If the diarrhea was explosive, that indicates a buildup of gas as well. If after 24 hours of fasting, and starting her back on something bland like rice and chicken for a day or two, if the stools don't firm up, I'd get things checked at the vet.

Zoya had some similar problems a few weeks ago. Luckily nothing in the house. She had devoured two large killer hornets. She was both vomiting and had diarrhea. Starved her for two days, fed her rice and boiled chicken for two days, then half portions of kibble for one day. In her case, we did have the vet check her, and he put her on meds to control vomiting, a probiotic, and an antibiotic, as a precaution. She was cleared up within two days. So don't let it linger.

a few months ago storm was really ill and he too had explotions during the nights, bless him he just couldnt hold it in. He chose not to eat for 3 days...now this is a boy who would is so food focused so i know he felt grotty, he just slept solid for 3 whole days. I think he picked it up after going swimming in a lake, however he has been to the lake loads of times before and after so may be just coincidence.

Defo starve for at least 24hrs however keep offering her cool fresh water and check she's not deydrated. keep her in the cool and defo out of the sun. i wouldnt walk her either as she will feel grotty. When you do introduce food small meals only

Agree with the posts above, what I find works with Kato is starving him for 24 hours (obviously with plenty of fresh water) then introduce him back on the food gradually and keep it light. For example when he gets an upset tummy I tend, after the 24 hours, cut the kibble down to 1/4 or 1/2 the usual amount... make him a bit of plain scrambled egg to go with it and add a little bit of natural yoghurt. Has worked whenever he has had the squits thankfully!

I heard canned pumpkin (without spices) can help firm them up but I haven't been able to find it anywhere in Newcastle!!!?

Hope she feels better soon :)