Does my Sookie look skinny?

Tim

Based in the pictures, I would not think her thin. Maybe young and in that lanky stage, but not skinny. I am no expert and just a layperson, but I base the opinion on the fact that her forelegs and hind legs appear well muscled and, in the photo of her laying down, everything seems rounded, not angular. Would love to meet her in person to tell for sure! :)

without sounding horrid..yeh your being at fat owner wanting your dog big.. huskies are not big dogs.. and food should be more of how much they need rather than how much they can eat..

do you weigh at all and check her weight.. as a fat dog is as unhealthy as a skinny dog.. she looks ok from your how old is she ? your 1st pic i don't think does her justice as in the 2nd & 3rd she looks a lot better..

just going on the last 2 pics she is looking and no other info on her ..she actually looks about right IMO..

but please don't just let her eat till she has had enough.. regulate her food..

She has fat around her neck and her back but I worry she looks funny. I know they do go thru a Lanky stage but she has been in this one for a long time lol..I want her big and chunky like Diesel but fit of course. She gets loads of exercise! Which is good for me as well considering I no longer have a neck..

Looks fine to me. I learned today that weight is dependant upon their lines. I met a lady at the beach yesterday who said she use to have a husky and she pet Marius and whatnot and as i was walking away I heard her say "thats not a purebred husky becasue hes too fat" I felt like turning around and saying.."YOUR FAT!"

IMG_0921.jpg

^ Marius is NOT fat :banghead:

I don't want her over weight , just filled out and formed a bit better. I do like the chunkier of your two (looks wise) but they both are gorgeous! Diesel is 25 kg and 2 1/2 years old. She is a big dog though. Sookie's mother was an American import and a smaller dog...I think Sookie is gorgeous but I've had a few people say she looks thin...I don't think she does but when people make comments it does make u wonder...I feed her on a schedule and regulated with no snacks in between.

Looks fine to me. I learned today that weight is dependant upon their lines. I met a lady at the beach yesterday who said she use to have a husky and she pet Marius and whatnot and as i was walking away I heard her say "thats not a purebred husky becasue hes too fat" I felt like turning around and saying.."YOUR FAT!"

IMG_0921.jpg

^ Marius is NOT fat :banghead:

No that dog ain't fat! Looks Beautiful! I would have bit her! lol

I don't want her over weight , just filled out and formed a bit better. I do like the chunkier of your two (looks wise) but they both are gorgeous! Diesel is 25 kg and 2 1/2 years old. She is a big dog though. Sookie's mother was an American import and a smaller dog...I think Sookie is gorgeous but I've had a few people say she looks thin...I don't think she does but when people make comments it does make u wonder...I feed her on a schedule and regulated with no snacks in between.

it all depends on what you wanna do with your girls.. if just as a pet then 25 kg is good but if you want to run then thats a little bit heavy.

Height: Dogs 21-23½ inches (53-60cm.) Bitches 20-22 inches (51-56cm.)

Weight: Dogs 45-60 pounds (20½-27kg.) Bitches 35-50 pounds (16-22½kg.)

is the breed standard .. but as is said depends on what you wanna do if run or show or just purely a pet.

Not a shower , just pets. Vet says they both are just right but as I said when people make comments it does make u wonder. I know I take good care of them both but I even kept looking at her going yeh she is skinny ...it put the thought in my head after hearing it twice. I am lucky to have about 15 acres of secure land for them to run on so I know they get plenty of exercise.

Not a shower , just pets. Vet says they both are just right but as I said when people make comments it does make u wonder. I know I take good care of them both but I even kept looking at her going yeh she is skinny ...it put the thought in my head after hearing it twice. I am lucky to have about 15 acres of secure land for them to run on so I know they get plenty of exercise.

don't worry what passing people say.. if your happy then thats all that matters..if you feel they are fit and healthy thats all that matters..

some dogs burn of more energy than others.. i feed my Macie about twice the amount i do my other two because she just seems to burn it off easier and never seems to really put it on .. where as my eldest Nikita will put weight on so fast.. but from what i see she is not skinny .. its something thats in your head..

bit like me it has taken ages for me to be happy with feeding what i do co's i feel so guilty that it never looks like i have given them enough food but i know what i am giving is right.. is something that you have got to get out of your head..its hard i know but some are just not meant to look fatter.. i have seen some sibes that really do look very skinny or even fat but they have been perfect.. and very healthy ..

its really what you perceive rather than what it actually is.

hope that made sense...

ps ..and unless your vet is Husky knowledgeable .. again its only what he sees and thinks is right.. in his opinion..

she looks perfect, i wouldnt change her at all. She looks the same as kira before she was spayed and i loved her at that weight, shes put weight on since then (only a kg or 2) and i think she's a bit on a big side, and call her chunky monkey!

I wouldn't say that any of the dogs whose pictures were shown are either over or under weight - some a little heavier than others (and vice versa) but all quite healthy good looking animals.

Misty who is quite on the lean side was playing guard at her empty food bowl (remember I free feed) so I filled it up and of course she looks at it and walks off.