Error on home page since advert change

Staceybob

What version of Internet Explorer are you using.

Try upgrading to version 9

see if that cures it.

What version of Internet Explorer are you using.

Try upgrading to version 9

see if that cures it.

Thanks, I've tried downloading version 9 but it wants me to upgrade to windows Service Pack 2, but every time I try to do that, it says "This update does not apply to your system".

Stacey xxx

That looks like win 7 and WTF Stacey is it with 6 tool bars ??????? that the biggest mess I seen for a while you not like your screen size ?

LMAO, yeah, ALL those toolbars. . . maybe she uses them all. . . . maybe ??:)

LMAO, yeah, ALL those toolbars. . . maybe she uses them all. . . . maybe ??:)

I see this at a lot of folks houses that don't know much about computers nice 19in monitor and top 4in taken by useless tool bars added just plan daft and the worse thing is the malware that comes with most of them :eek:

Not having a dig at you Stacey its just a fact of life when you fix computers this is one of the most common thing we see.

What version of IE do you have, Stacey? When I find myself a way to get out of my cosy bed (:rolleyes:) I'll go try it on my own computer with whatever version of Internet Explorer gets installed in Win7 these days.

If some script stalls, the countdown would be my first suspect the be honest. That's a script that loops and loops an loops and won't stop. Though it worked fine in all browsers when I tested it and I take it that it worked fine for you before the ads.

ok 3 problems just from the screenshot

1.Your running IE7 which is an out of date browser and wont be supported by the site

2. Your also running it in compatibility mode which means its actually running as IE6 (thats the button that looks like ripped paper at side of your address bar)

3. Your computer is absolutly full of spyware at a guess, purely from the amount of toolbars you have on your browser.

How to fix

Firstly, update your browser http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/internet-explorer/downloads/ie

Second download and run a full scan with this http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Malwarebytes-AntiMalware/1186760019/1 (free version is fine)

Third download and run this to clear out crap from comp - http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

Forth - Enjoy a computer that seems like its all shiny new

:)

ok 3 problems just from the screenshot

1.Your running IE7 which is an out of date browser and wont be supported by the site

2. Your also running it in compatibility mode which means its actually running as IE6 (thats the button that looks like ripped paper at side of your address bar)

3. Your computer is absolutly full of spyware at a guess, purely from the amount of toolbars you have on your browser.

How to fix

Firstly, update your browser http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/internet-explorer/downloads/ie

Second download and run a full scan with this http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Malwarebytes-AntiMalware/1186760019/1 (free version is fine)

Third download and run this to clear out crap from comp - http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

Forth - Enjoy a computer that seems like its all shiny new

:)

Thanks for the reply Mark. I'm running Internet Explorer V.5 not 6.

It was the compatibility mode causing it, I must have accidently pressed it.

My computer is not full of spyware, and not full of crap. Those are all toolbars that I use. I use Malwarebytes on a regular basis and CCleaner.

I use the VEOH toolbar to watch it's me or the dog and I use Pagerage to have my own background on facebook and I use Foxit to read PDFs.

Stacey xxx

My computer is not full of spyware, and not full of crap. Those are all toolbars that I use. I use Malwarebytes on a regular basis and CCleaner.

I use the VEOH toolbar to watch it's me or the dog and I use Pagerage to have my own background on facebook and I use Foxit to read PDFs.

Stacey xxx

Guess she tole you!! LOL! Actually it looks like IE 8 (( she has tabbed browsing which I didn't think 7 had)).

Actually you are running IE8 I was mistaken from the screenshot. You are absolutly 1000% not running IE5 as it is so old it will not install on XP let alone windows 7. I did not say you were running v6, I said your browser was running as if it was version 6 because of the compatibily button which was ticked and hence what was causing your problem.

I would still recommend upgrading to IE9 as even on IE8 your browser is out of date on a windows 7 machine. It will allow you to see the site as it is meant to be viewed, for example half the blocks that you see actually have rounded edges.

Stacey xxx

Please re-read the words "At a guess". The guess was made as some of these toolbars can be installed as part of spyware packages and since I am not phisically connected to your computer I can only guess as unfortunately my physic filter is not working today as I am on a day off.

Guess she tole you!! LOL! Actually it looks like IE 8 (( she has tabbed browsing which I didn't think 7 had)).

Guess again LOL ... Your correct it is IE8, and IE7 did have tabbed browsing, it was the first to have it. (although every other part of it was terrible.)

Thanks, I've tried downloading version 9 but it wants me to upgrade to windows Service Pack 2, but every time I try to do that, it says "This update does not apply to your system".

Stacey xxx

Ya know only just read this bit. The reason you may be getting this may be because your system is 64 bit. To check right click on computer and click properties. Thought you was on win7 but its Vista so will require the extras for you to install it

Ya know only just read this bit. The reason you may be getting this may be because your system is 64 bit. To check right click on computer and click properties. Thought you was on win7 but its Vista so will require the extras for you to install it

It's a 32bit, the only service pack options the windows site were giving me was 64 and above.

Stacey xxx

@Staceybob - All the downloads are here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791#DownloadSession for both 32 and 64 bit vista systems. Also ensure you have SP1 installed, and if not you will need to install this before you can install SP2

Okie doke, I'll have a look when I get on my computer tonight. Thanks !

Stacey xxx