More GSD or Husky?

Karon

While on our walk today i got talking to another walker, and she said how unusual Kotori was, her actual words were " thats a very unusual GSD colouring, i then told her that he was x husky too, she then said "oh i see no husky in him apart from his facal markings."

This has now got me thinking, is he more GSD or more Husky?

Its strange how "other" people see him, some say GSD, but ive also had people ask me if he is a Timber wolf/wolf hybrid.

Ive added some pics of Ko, so what do you think?post-8679-13586085060254_thumb.jpg

post-3200-13585983433792_thumb.jpg

post-3200-13585983434156_thumb.jpg

post-3200-13585983434518_thumb.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Utonagan is a GSD / Siberian Husky / Malamute cross.

I've got a GSD x Utonagan, and he does kinda look similar.

Interesting about the Timber wolf references, because that's exactly what a Utonagan is about, they are bred to look like wolves, but have the trainable GSD traits.

I hadent heard of the Utonagan breed before, but i found this pic of one, and he/she does look like Ko, ven down to the white eyebrows lol very strange lol

BTW Ko's dad is a grey/white sibe and his mum is white german shepard

Utonagan pic

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gEz49peHzKI/SY1v-VLXJfI/AAAAAAAAK7o/f501wL3yPpw/s400/utonagan1.jpg

Most people haven't, when we say to people Dexter is a Utonagan x GSD, the response is a blank face! So we just say Husky x GSD now.

You can see the resembelance in that piccy, and he is cute!

Absolutely gorgeous colouring! Stunning :)

People see different things, sometimes that aren't even there ;) You can see my dogs in my sig, and I have had strangers ask about nearly all of them if they're GSDs. Only the actual GSD looks like a GSD :P

Even the boy in my avatar, he's a ginger Husky with blue eyes and I have had several people ask if he's a GSD. People just can't tell breeds apart sometimes. He doesn't look remotely like a GSD, I can only assume they haven't seen one before, haha :D

It's a gorgeous mix anyway! You can see where some of the colouring came from, but he looks like a Husky to me :)

I agree that he looks like an agouti Husky

explain the stormy things and ill tell you if they are what is perhaps considered a GSD trait :P

hes big and clumsy he thinks hes still a small pup and will quite happily climb onto your lap even though he is way too big for it!

Thanks for all the replies, i love my boy no matter "what" he looks like :) On the GSD traits, i dont think Ko has any, he is not a guard dog, he dont bark at strangers, he has zero aggresion , my old dog was a GSD and she was totaly different to Ko

after reading this I can concur that Storm is not GSD like at all!

He doesnt guard, doesnt bark at strangers, has zero agression,!!