Okay, okay! I've learned my lesson!

BlueWolf

(This happened yesterday)

I was walking with the huskies. The temperature was quite high, but if was the high humidity that made it a bit too much for the huskies so I decided to cut of our walk and go back home. On the way home I walked past a ditch and thought it would be a good idea to let them cool off in the water.

Since it was unplanned I didn't had the long leads with me, only the short ones. Usually in this situation I let Dana off lead and attach her lead to Glala's one to extend it. Even though I knew this area (it was close to my own home) it wasn't near the place where I usually let them swim. Since I knew there might me cats in the bushes I decided to keep them on the short lead and just let them dive into the water quickly before continuing our walk back home. Should be easy right? I mean, what's the worst that could happen? :whistling:

Well, it WAS easy! Even though the ground goes a little bit downhill, they where able to do a quick swim and since they where in the water they didn't pull and had no problem keeping my balance. Great, on with the walk! 15 meters further ahead they see another place for a quick dive and since I saw some dogs further ahead I thought it would be a good idea to let them pass while Glala and Dana go for another swim. Oooh! STUPID ME! They ran and totally jumped right into the water, the area in front of the water was way steeper than I expected and I slipped right in front of the water!! :dog3:

I fell on my knees and apparently Glala and Dana where able to reach the ground while in the water because they where definitely PULLING! If it wasn't for the clump of grass I was able to hold tight to with one hand I would've definitely rolled right into the water!

I'm so lucky that I didn't pull the single clump of grass out of the ground. I was able to call them back -or at least stop them pulling for a moment- getting back on my feet and pull the huskies out of the water. That was SO stupid and embarrassing! At least no one saw me. :oops:

Soooo that was my lesson of yesterday. DO NOT let your huskies swim when all you have with you is a 1.5m leash! :oops:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, I'm looking forward to such things (yes, I'm crazy). I'm the person who, while doing a stream cleanup in April, jumped chest deep into the stream because I was already wet and the water was warmer than the air.

I'm more than happy to jump in any lake at an time, whether it be in the summer, or in the winter up on a mountain. I don't mind, as long as I'm a bit more prepared for it. Not when I have no dry cloths and expensive stuff like my mobile phone with me :D

Was it something like this........:denise:

Yes. I did fell, but not because I got tangled in their leads and I didn't fell in the water :D

This is my usual place (old picture, I do it with their longer leads now). It it's easy even with these leads.

post-1569-13586085230298_thumb.jpg

And this looked pretty much like where I was yesterday (sorry, best pic I have right now). Like the bit on the right where you can see that it leads downhill to the water. When they pull you on that slope the only thing you can do is fall forward right into the water :facepalm:

post-1569-13586085231261_thumb.jpg

post-2355-13585983528996_thumb.jpg

post-2355-13585983530309_thumb.jpg

While I'm glad for most any opportunity to laugh, I really don't like laughing as someone else's expense!

I know what you're saying really - *BUT* if someone is talking about something they did that was foolish (funny) then I don't think it's so much a matter of laughing at someone as it is a matter of laughing with them.

Earlier today, I was checking the fluids in the jeep. have my head under the hood with the oil dipstick when we get a gust of wind ... I'm sure we've all seen different pictures of the mechanic stuck under the hood of the car with his feet off the ground trying to get leverage on something so he can get out --- well, that was me! I won't repeat what I was saying other than part of it was "Gawd, I'm glad no ones around to see this!!"

Laughter invited 'cause I'm sure if anyone had seen it they'd have been laughing, I wasn't hurt (well, maybe my pride a little) so what's the expression "No fault, no foul!"

The lovely thing about this site is when you have to get up in the morning in the UK you get to read what others have written across the pond and elsewhere while you've been asleep. There is usually something on here to make you laugh. Laughter is always the best way to start the day. Thanks Al for giving me a chuckle and a smile on my face.