can anyone answer this?

kaiser

kaiser had his 1st an 2nd vacs and is now due another 1 at 10 weeks the breeder says.. so rang the vets.. and he says its 2 early that the vacs should be done at 12 weeks? sorry for all the questions im new to the husky thing:)

8 and 10 week they can go out at 12 week

Yep they get the shots at 8 & 10 weeks, then you have to wait 2 weeks for the innoculations to 'bed' in then you can take them out

into the 'big bad world.'

Rico was born on 18/10/10..

He had his first injection & micro chip on 12/12/10 while still with his breeder I collected him on 20/12/10 and he had his 2nd injection on 2/1/11 we started to take him out 4 week after and now he is due just a yearly booster in January each year .. :-)

---

- X Angie & Rico X

There are a lot of different theories on vaccinating puppies - we tend to do it differently here in the US than you all do in the UK. Here, they usually do get 3-4 series, depending on when the inoculations are started, ending at about 16 weeks (rabies vaccinations are also required in the US, and in most areas/all areas? aren't legal licensing-wise until 16 weeks). What your vet may be looking at is when the last vaccines were given.

In the UK it depends what drug they use. Some of them require two vaccinations and some require 3. If he's already had 2 shots I would recommend just waiting it out and getting the 3rd one done with the vets you are with because if you switch you'll have to start the whole course again.

i would just wait it out - if the vet says thats for the best then i would listen

:offtopic: but whilst we are on the subject of vaccinations so I guess not really off topic but I have no records for Angel, should I ask the vet to start from scratch??? she is almost 2.

yeh she will need them starting again if u want to get them done - bings didnt have any vaccs for 6yrs till we got blaze - we only got him vacc'd as we were getting blaze

:offtopic: but whilst we are on the subject of vaccinations so I guess not really off topic but I have no records for Angel, should I ask the vet to start from scratch??? she is almost 2.

I think it would be a good idea to if you've no record of her having any.. It won't do her any harm if she has already has then it will just boost it up .. X

---

- X Angie & Rico X