people on facebook

Nicole

to everyone on facebook help get this page banned!! it absoloutly sickens me that people can stoop so low to mock dead people !! doesnt matter what team or religion you have dont stoop so low to make fun of innocent people .. heres the group and heres the article ...:mad:

http://www.scotzine.com/2011/08/sick-facebook-page-mocks-the-ibrox-disaster-1971/

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/The-Awkward-Moment-When-Colin-Stein-Scores-Everyone-Falls-Down-The-Stairs/170526226293973

i think it is very sad that individuals use facebook to upset others in this way and to plan the riots in Britain a few weeks ago. It really is pathetic. In defence of facebook it can also bring people together in a positive way too. My brother is travelling around the coastal roads of Britain in memory his late daughter who planned to make the trip herself but died before she could make the journey. All the money raised is for sick and terminally ill children. Anyway my brother created a facebook page and fellow colleagues in his line of work have come together from both sides of the Atlantic to help him raise money and provide him with support on his journey. It would have been much harder to get this level of support without the power of facebook. However I do not in any way condone those who use it to inflict pain and suffering on others, that is just beyond my understanding as to why people feel the need to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not reporting it...not to be contrary or because I agree with the content on it at all.

They aren't breaking any laws...you an't regulate everything people do, and you certainly can't begin to attempt to regulate the interwebs and the content with in...to begin such a thing is really to take another step in the wrong direction as far as stripping away the rights that we have...encouraging companies to apply censorship to content that isn't illegal is a slippery slope to begin and I can't really support that.

There are tons of things on the internet, facebook, library and existing in the world on television and through various other sources that I don't like, agree with, or appreciate. I solve this by sometimes reading so that I'm generally informed about the opposing view of a particular thing or group of people I disagree with, other times I either navagate away from the page, change the channel, or select a different book to read.

No matter what the topic is there's always someone whose going to be butthurt about it...

I'm not reporting it...not to be contrary or because I agree with the content on it at all.

They aren't breaking any laws...you an't regulate everything people do, and you certainly can't begin to attempt to regulate the interwebs and the content with in...to begin such a thing is really to take another step in the wrong direction as far as stripping away the rights that we have...encouraging companies to apply censorship to content that isn't illegal is a slippery slope to begin and I can't really support that.

There are tons of things on the internet, facebook, library and existing in the world on television and through various other sources that I don't like, agree with, or appreciate. I solve this by sometimes reading so that I'm generally informed about the opposing view of a particular thing or group of people I disagree with, other times I either navagate away from the page, change the channel, or select a different book to read.

No matter what the topic is there's always someone whose going to be butthurt about it...

Agreed, if they aren't hurting anybody then they have a right to do it. America is about freedom, even freedom to be stupid. People should learn from their own mistakes rather than letting uncle sam or a bunch of busy bodies (no offense) tell them what to do.

I haven't gone on it, but I've seen all I need. I HATE censorship with a passion and this is a case - a pristine would be case of the minority ruining it for the majority. One idiot does something stupid, the facebook team is obligated to try and fix it - then facebook becomes a lot more locked down and less fun (as if it's that great now, but that's a whole 'nother topic)