Anti pull collars and harnesses

BAGRI

ive used a canny collar - and with correct training it did help him - he never like it tho i so ive gone back to using a normal semislip collar to everytime he pulls stop n pull him back to my side till he is calm - i found that was better for him

but always good to try n desensitise ur dog to get used to a head collar if u plan to use 1

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/threads/getting-used-to-a-head-collar.12059/

These pieces of equipment are great help, but work great if you use them as a training tool. With both the canny and harness, the dogs will eventually get used to it and learn how to pull through it. Getting into a strict training pattern with the dog will work wonders.

I've used both to help when walking my girls. But i trained my Ocea best with a prong collar and methods from steve courtney, our trainer. Now we are doing great and depending on her mood or whats around, most days i can loose leash walk with just a normal flat collar with her at heel position, we're still getting there.

Again, it's all about training, not what you have.

But i find the halti face collars best for walking my two together, no one drags my arms out of the sockets them, but they CAN still pull if they want..

if you do not have a dog trainer, kikopup on youtube posts fantastic videos to help with training.

i definitely recomend training huskies with clicker training. they are so smart and pick up on it great.

:)

We have used Halti's on our 3.

As others have said, they are a training tool. NOT a one stop solution.

To help with your daily walks they are fine but you need to also do loose lead training.

Then you can begin phasing out the head collar or harness.

My 3 are now just on normal Half check collars.

and. . . .

I can walk ALL 3 in one hand.

However it took 12 months of training and work to get there.

Everything with Huskies is time, hard work and patience.

Good luck, you'll get there :up: