A dog is for life not just til you get fed up with it

Storm Angel n Auroras Mum

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

I am so sick of seeing Husky and Husky crosses and Mals being advertised on facebook as need ing new homes because they dont have the time for them and try to make it out they have the dogs best interests at heart!!

If they did they wouldnt want £££SS for it!!!!!:banghead::angry: Makes me so mad.:arghh::rant:

I mean why get a dog if you forsee in the future you may not have the time for it! You wouldnt do it to a child so why a dog?

I know circumstances can change but this should really be taken into consideration when getting a dog.

This is not in any way aimed at anyone, Im just fed up atm and needed to rant :rant:.

I know where you are coming from, saw 2 on gumtree this weekend 1 was a 4yr old dog reason was owner had died so that one was unavoidable but the other was a year old bitch who had already had a litter of pups. speechless I wonder if they plan to breed their daughters on their first time

I know where you are coming from, saw 2 on gumtree this weekend 1 was a 4yr old dog reason was owner had died so that one was unavoidable but the other was a year old bitch who had already had a litter of pups. speechless I wonder if they plan to breed their daughters on their first time

probably

I understand and appreciate that rant. I probably shouldn't do this, but I haven't been in big trouble lately...

After I brought Misty home there were times where "I'd have given her to anyone!" but then when someone asked if they could have her I looked at them and what I knew of them and said "no!' She was my first Husky and unless I get really foolish, she'll probably be my only Husky.

I've seen way too many people who get their child a pet (children in this case can be up to 50 years of age or so) and have no idea what they're getting into. At least I'd had dogs around, I knew they needed fed, cared for, groomed (oh my god groomed!) so Misty wasn't a big hassle to adapt to. I can't pretend it's been all smooth sailing and I won't pretend that there aren't times I'd say I'd give her to anyone - but that ain't gonna happen!

But, I'm with you; If something happens and I can't care for her like she needs to be cared for I won't be asking for any money for her, I'll be looking real hard at finding the best home for her .....

BTW, you need to stop looking at the Husky adds on FaceBook, it's not good for your blood pressure.

I know you didn't mean what I read, I hope you didn't mean what I read ... breed *their* daughters ?????

I understand and appreciate that rant. I probably shouldn't do this, but I haven't been in big trouble lately...

After I brought Misty home there were times where "I'd have given her to anyone!" but then when someone asked if they could have her I looked at them and what I knew of them and said "no!' She was my first Husky and unless I get really foolish, she'll probably be my only Husky.

I've seen way too many people who get their child a pet (children in this case can be up to 50 years of age or so) and have no idea what they're getting into. At least I'd had dogs around, I knew they needed fed, cared for, groomed (oh my god groomed!) so Misty wasn't a big hassle to adapt to. I can't pretend it's been all smooth sailing and I won't pretend that there aren't times I'd say I'd give her to anyone - but that ain't gonna happen!

But, I'm with you; If something happens and I can't care for her like she needs to be cared for I won't be asking for any money for her, I'll be looking real hard at finding the best home for her .....

BTW, you need to stop looking at the Husky adds on FaceBook, it's not good for your blood pressure.

I know Al I really do now im in more of a foul mood than usual

We know some people who have an absolutely gorgeous fluffy white German Shepherd.

He's about 3 years old now. they've had him since he was a puppy (and he was a seriously AWWWWWWWWWWW inspiring puppy :))

Now he's up for sale. . .

Reason. . . ???????

He's too big to fit in their caravan when they go on holiday. :huh::sorry::wtf::banghead: !!!!!!!

If we didn't already have 3 big dogs and a tiny one we'd have snapped him up in a flash.

They offered him to us first, because we already have a white shepherd (Echo)

but the practicality of walking and housing another in an already crowded 2 up 2 down tiny house . . . sigh

We had to say no. :cry1:

This really bugs me. It's the same with kids, you see these stupid women in their 20's with about 10 kids and 8 of them are with social services, if you can't handle them don't have them! There is something called an implant and it's free on the nhs, so go get one put in your arm so you stop spawning sprogletts.

When I say I have 3 people look at me like I'm mad, I have 1 child. I don't intend on having anymore, at least not until I've finished university in 3 years time and if I do my dogs will be going nowhere I can reasure you that. Yuri, Aya and Shiloh are used to being cuddled and loved by Ayrria so I know they'd be fine.

This is why I don't understand why people don't think about all the practicalities of having a dog. Mine are my children, as I keep trying to explain to my grandad 'they are my babies I am not rehoming them' yes we kept quite when we got Shiloh, my mum won't come over because she hates dogs lol (she only comes over once a year anyway...)

I remember my gran asking me what I was going to do with my dogs when I told her I was expecting my first baby ( now nearly 15) I couldn't believe she was suggesting I got rid of them cos they were my life. They both stayed with us until old age claimed them at 14 and 15 years of age. - the dogs that is, the kids are still going strong thankfully and we now have Gem and Storm who will be with us til the end.

i do believe there are some genuine cases for rehoming

longterm sickness,death of the main owner and maybe at a push severe financial hardship

but too many people seem to be just tossing them aside without a backward glance,its almost become a trend!!:(

too hard to handle.......its took you x amount of time to find that out???

swap for a parrot......i have honestly seen this!!!!

doesn't get on with my new cute puppy!!........which you can also have in a few months time

Oo i'm going before i have to bring my soapbox out!!!

The husky I'm fostering, Jake, ended up in foster care because his owners had "had him long enough." If they truly couldn't afford to take care of him(he does have heart problems and Cushing's) then say so instead of looking like a complete idiot. I suspect though that they didn't want the responsibility, which really makes me mad!

unless they don't match the carpet and curtains when we redecorate!!! just kidding but I have actually heard that being given as a reason for rehoming.

this actually did happen and I did post it here last year too http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/posts/285290/

I do think there are some genuine ones out there (previously my OH had to rehome his "heinz" just after his fiancee was killed as he was being rehoused to a 1 bed top floor flat as now he was on his own he didn't need the space!)

however.......

I started a right one on fb recently when i saw someone wanting to swap their dog for .... wait for it ...... a quad bike!!!!

The GF told me to "go away" cause "it's not like he's looking for a new quad, any condition will do"

errrr, excuse me but what about the dog hunny?

Some of them do do that with their kids, I know a couple and they split up and sent their 2 kids to live with one of the parents brothers in a state over 1,200 miles away. Bottom line here is, is people are fickle, selfish and do things impulsively with no thought or regard to the following days or consequences of their spontaneous decisions

I'm soooo glad I'm not on facebook. Bo is a rehome from a family with young children who just didn't have the time for him as both parents worked. I'm sure they loved him but just didn't do their research on the needs of these dogs properly, if at all. It is sad to say that in my home all our pets are rehomes except one and he's a cockateil who didn't learn to fly and was on baby bird food until he was 20+ weeks so was the leftover. I am looking for a pal for Bo but I am so cautious in wanting to make sure the new dog fits in both for the dogs sake and ours. Do I go for another rehome or get a pup?

Another of my cockateils was a swap for a children's hobby horse. Not the same as a husky, but still a living breathing creature.