Puppy walking problems

DirectorsCut

Hi, I'm having trouble with my 9 week old. I am trying to walk him around the garden but he is having none of it. He goes where he wants, and if I try leading him somewhere he just lays down on his side or back. Pulling does nothing, he just lets me drag him, which I obviously don't want to do. Then he starts chewing on the chain lead, so I have to take him in because I'm worried about breaking his teeth.

I started off just letting him roam around the garden but he ended up eating blackberries and made himself ill. (I am chopping the blackberry brambles down now)

Its mainly for potty training, I am trying to walk him to the spot where he has been before, I want to use this spot as his area.

So in conclusion :D I need to know how to get him to follow me and not laying down, and to stop biting his chain lead! (am I going to have to get a non-chain one?)

Thanks in advance!

tempt him to walk by your side with treats, and whenever he is in the position you want and walks like it treat him. when he starts playing up show him the treat let him smell it and lure him with it and keep him walking and reward him after a lap of the garden or two.

if he starts pulling etc Just stand still and try get him to sit and when he dose continue to walk :)

this helped with nico.