we need a theory test to prove people can be a responsible dog owner.

Mistyrayn

its not a rant co's it happened a few days ago so calm now about it. but its yet again another story of irresponsible dog walkers..

on Sunday i was at my friends boat which is moored at the marina along side the river Medway.. there is a 2 unmade roadways that is also the path running along side the boats or about 100 ft further over leading to the fields ..oh god erm i dunno how many boats but loads..

now there are plenty and i mean plenty of signs stating "all dogs MUST be on a lead"and a big one at the gate they came thru to get into marina.

i have my 3 with me which are staked out on grass nearby and another person was there that had his dog not sure what breed it was but one of these bull terrier style ugly things that had its lead connected to the bench he was sitting on..

standing there all having a laugh and a drink..

a women and bloke were walking along the top trail with their lurcher style dog

"OFF BLOODY LEAD"

thats not so much of a problem as they obviously can't read.. so will forgive them for their poor education..

but they were paying no attention to what there dog was upto and the fact that it was right over near us.. and as if by magic all 4 dogs decided to have a go at this dog invading their space.. scaring one of the little girls that were there.making her cry.

now we had a bbq the night before so there was bags with waste food , bottles etc in waiting to be taken to the bins..

the dog dived into them and proceded to try and eat a botttle top..so we quickly went to grab the dog and retrieve it.

and all the people could do was stand there.. no calling their dog nothing..

one person shouted at them to come get their F***in dog and they then slowly decided they would.

moaning that we were hurting their dog. forget the fact a bottle top can injure it..

any normall person would put the dog straight on a lead and apologise.

yeh right ..

not only can they not read the are bloody ignorant.

but they soon made a hasty retreat when we all started very loudly.. pointing out how ignorant they are.. how irresponsible they are and the fact that idiots like them shouldn't be allowed to exsist let alone have a dog..

as i have been writing this i still shake my head. that there is so many idiot dog owners in this country..

we have to pass a driving test to prove we are competent drivers we have to do other test to prove we are competent for other things..

so i think we need a theory test to prove some people can be a responsible dog owner

Ok lets copy and paste as we create the test.

1. Breathe in followed by breathing out.

(No deviation is allowed it MUST be in this order.)

Ok lets copy and paste as we create the test.

(No deviation is allowed it MUST be in this order.)

(No deviation is allowed it MUST be in this order)

2. read from the board below.

A...L...L

D....O....G...S

M....U....S....T

B......E

K.....E.....P.....T

O N

L..... E..... A .....D..... S

My view on this now is if an offlead dog is being a nuisance and the owner refuses to put it onlead then I will. Might speed them up if they think someone's trying to steal their dog!

you know what i have never thought of that.. will have to remember that. co's i know it will happen again one day.. round the corner there is always another idiot waiting to take the 1st ones place.

Lol, well I've come close to doing that before - I had Kiska on her long line over the field and there was a very dark offlead husky there that kept coming over to her and growling, knocking her over and then pinning her down, it was really freaking her out. I kept looking at the owner like "Come and get your bloody dog" but he just kept shrugging and continuing his walk so I had to stand between Kiska and this other dog until it gave up and ran back to its owner. The only reason I didn't do it was because the dog was already behaving somewhat aggressively and dogs can exhibit completely different behaviour when they're onlead vs. offlead so I didn't want to escalate anything. So if anyone does try that you definately need to assess the situation thoroughly beforehand!