Ahh I'm going crazy ! Help please ?

Taylor Myers

My new 3 month old Husky, Terra, is a great puppy, don't get me wrong. When we go on walks she doesn't pull at ALL, she already knows how to sit, come, stay, leave it, take it, lay down and pretty much house broken in the past WEEK and I'm a very proud mum, but sometimes she drives me NUTS. And it's when she becomes bored. Now, I have bought at least 6 different toys, 2 nylabones (one blue swirly one with twisty ends and one bone thingy), one green tough bouncy ball, one blue JW treat ball, a large red kong, and her squeaky plushie, Mr. Turtle). Now, sometimes/most of the time she'll see the toy, play with it for a good 10seconds to 1 minute and BOOM. She's done. Then she bursts into that Husky howl/speech thing. So I start up training sessions. playing with her and all her toys, chase her around for a good 30min to an hour. Then BOOM. She starts up again, so we got out for walks around the neighbourhood, she comes back, you get the picture. I do not know what to do to make her be quiet for at least an hour so I can watch TV or read a book for just 30 minutes even ! I don't know if this is alot to ask, but I'd really just like a few minutes to myself at least once a day. Any ideas or help ? Please ! x__x

(Also, everything I mentioned I do to make her quiet I have to repeat at least every 10 minutes.)

Yeah, puppies are either asleep or full on.

Tyler sounds like she loves to learn.

She wants stimulation.

Unfortunately you are the Go-to person for that :up:

I had to switch foods for Indie because Royal Canin had her bouncing off the walls too!

I switched to Purina Beta for puppies and we have never looked back.

Terra sounds extra demanding! She probably knows now that whenever she kicks up a fuss you'll leap into action so her howling and fussing is going to continue now that you have given into her everytime so far.

She'll settle down eventually...... maybe in 10 months. Lol. Don't worry though, all this time your spending with her will at least give you a close bond with her!

I have her on Iams Smart Puppy, the breeders before had her on it as well so I just decided to continue that diet.. xDD

Is that bad ? And/or is there something that will make her less 'extra demanding' ?

Also, if I stop giving her my full on attention like EVERY single time she goes nuts, like once in a while would that be okay ? 'Cause sometimes I really don't want too. x__x;;

Play time needs to be at your convenience. Well, up to a point. Once any animal learns that they can get attention by demanding it - they *will* demand it. Your puppy doesn't have to be entertained 24/7 at least not by you. My dogs all know the phrase "enough" and it means that everything comes to a screeching halt, give me your attention - okay, maybe not the best choice of words but they know that whatever is going on has to stop - NOW!

Thanks to Misty they all think that "come" is a request, not a command; they all know that "enough" means *stop* whatever you're doing. (( Burros were back last evening and after the dogs had greeted them in typical dog / burro fashion (barking obnoxiously) "enough" was to get the dogs attention so I could tell them to leave the poor burros alone! ))

Beside Misty, I have two 10 mo mixed breeds (Heinze 57). They both know set, stay, down, move, go home ( as if!! when I'm walking Misty ), play time is by invitation, I may (or may not) respond to a request for attention. I'm not much on heavy training - basic stuff so that we can live together without killing each other.

(( I don't know what others use, "move" is what I use when they're under foot and apt to get stepped on - as in all three have the kitchen door blocked, or I'm carrying something and I may not be able to see them underfoot )).

Heaven help them is someone else has to work with them, I talk to them to get results, not necessarily "commands".

I have her on Iams Smart Puppy, the breeders before had her on it as well so I just decided to continue that diet.. xDD

Is that bad ? And/or is there something that will make her less 'extra demanding' ?

Also, if I stop giving her my full on attention like EVERY single time she goes nuts, like once in a while would that be okay ? 'Cause sometimes I really don't want too. x__x;;

Bare in mind that most of the "Vet Recommended" foods tend to be crap unfortunatly. Have a look through of food section to see what others are feeding, and if you want to know more about them then look them up on here http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/