Not a Husky but........

brian brown

I'm a member of the MLR - Mitsubishi Lancer Register as I own an Mitsubish Evo 5.

On the forum last Tuesday, someone put up a thread: "Tibetan Terrier 1yr old Needs New Home............." http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=384995

My girlfriend has 3 cats so having another Husky was out of the question but she's been thinking about getting another friend for 'Titch' her Westie so we researched the breed & she decided she was interested in offering him a forever home.

After contacting Chris (the original poster) & having a chat, he decided that out of all the offers he'd received, we'd be the best home for 'T.J.' (now 'Jakey'). We traveled a 538 mile (12 hr 40min) round trip to pick him up yesterday.

I'm glad to say he seems to have just slotted straight in with our pack. Mishka seems to have been a bit agro with him but watching her body language, it appears she's going to be coming into season (& probably a bit hormonal) so we split them up. He's only recently been neutered so... made sense to me ;)

Here's a few pics of how he was & a more recent one with him clipped for the summer. He'd cut his back leg on a bit of wire on a stile & when they shaved him & put him under to sew his leg they neutered him too.

I did wonder why the original owner hadn't returned him to the breeder but he's an adorable little furbaby & a lovely addition to our pack, what do you think? :Dpost-9089-13586086629755_thumb.jpg

post-3916-1358598551168_thumb.jpg

post-3916-1358598551194_thumb.jpg

post-3916-13585985512448_thumb.jpg

post-3916-13585985512705_thumb.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is lovely! My Dad went totally overboard last April and bought my 8 year old half brother a tibetan terrier sired by the son of crufts champion "Fabulous willy" I laughed my head of when I was told the name...how childish am I! My brother more sensibly named his Buddy.

Well, considering they paid a ridiculous amount for a crufts champion standard Tibetan Terrier, they have done no showing whatsoever and have just had him neutured and clipped all his fur down.

Buddy has a great life though, he goes on woodland walks and rolls in so much badger and fox poo you would think it smells like perfume to him! And he spends his other walks on the beach jumping in and out the waves.

Seriously Brian, Jakey is going to be a fantastic member of your family! I didn't know a lot about them before but they are WONDERFUL!!!

He is lovely! My Dad went totally overboard last April and bought my 8 year old half brother a tibetan terrier sired by the son of crufts champion "Fabulous willy" I laughed my head of when I was told the name...how childish am I! My brother more sensibly named his Buddy.

Well, considering they paid a ridiculous amount for a crufts champion standard Tibetan Terrier, they have done no showing whatsoever and have just had him neutured and clipped all his fur down.

Buddy has a great life though, he goes on woodland walks and rolls in so much badger and fox poo you would think it smells like perfume to him! And he spends his other walks on the beach jumping in and out the waves.

Seriously Brian, Jakey is going to be a fantastic member of your family! I didn't know a lot about them before but they are WONDERFUL!!!

where did they get him from???? My Mums TTs are related to Fabolous Willy too! His granchildren or great grandchildren i think?

bears not quite a year and stars about 4 or 5 so they cant be from the same litter but still

I'll talk to my Dad this week when I see him and find out exactly where Buddy's from and who his mum and dad were. The dad was called something like Araki.....

? I'll PM you when I find out! My little brother would love to see Buddy's relatives! I'll show him this thread!

I'll talk to my Dad this week when I see him and find out exactly where Buddy's from and who his mum and dad were. The dad was called something like Araki.....

? I'll PM you when I find out! My little brother would love to see Buddy's relatives! I'll show him this thread!

Araki???? yh thats right i think?

mum says :- well they are usually all related in some way or other, Willy's great grandad Araki Apache, was Star's Great Great Grandad. Cant see a connection on Bears but I dont know willy's 5 stage pedigree. Did you know willy passed away in December 2008 ?

I'm a member of the MLR - Mitsubishi Lancer Register as I own an Mitsubish Evo 5.

I did wonder why the original owner hadn't returned him to the breeder but he's an adorable little furbaby & a lovely addition to our pack, what do you think? :D[ATTACH=full]19502[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]19503[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]19504[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]19505[/ATTACH]

:)awh he's really quite cute (not a little dog person myself) but i think i'd prefer the EVO V LOL! (and that's coming from a ex-scooby girl! :rolleyes:)

:)awh he's really quite cute (not a little dog person myself) but i think i'd prefer the EVO V LOL! (and that's coming from a ex-scooby girl! :rolleyes:)

I'm not a fan of small dogs usually, that's why I have the big 3 I have . 'Titch' made me fall in love with her she's so lovable & 'Jakey' isn't too small, about Spaniel size, only a bit smaller than Mishka ;)

Scooby?! Wash your mouth out girl !!!!!!!!!!! :lolman:

They must be related, Jakey's pedigree name is - 'Lasang Sunrise Sahara'

Jakey's dad - Lasang Waki Baki > Granfather - Falamandus J'Ara-ki Khaki

> Granmother - Araki Enchantress of Lasang

mum - Lasang Whoops A Daisy > Grandfather - Matsang Dirty Harry

> Grandmother - Lasang Pocahontas

Is there any way of finding out what a dog's siblings were called via the pedigree?

I'd love to know what Mishka's siblings were called (maybe even find out if someone has one of them on here?)

Haha well I am going to throw a spanner right in the works and say I own Skylines :D

Sorry for taking it off thread mind you :D I did also use to have the legacy twin turbo estate.

Not a problem, I'm a fan of them all, I was only joking. I own the Evo 'coz I've always wanted one, mates have had a Legacy, R33 & the new GTR ;)

Cars & dogs, passions of mine, better than a lot of people :D