Not invited again

Tripled

Really hate the mother in law!

They went camping this weekend, and the plan was for us to visit today with loads of BBQ stuff.

Got a phone call this morning saying that they have all been speaking and would it be possible for us to come without Dexter, as it's muddy! Obviously other half said no! But what a cheeky little cow!

As you would expect we are no longer going, luckily we didn't buy all the stuff yesterday!

They have two labs there already, so it's not like taking Dexter is going to be a big problem. She seems to constantly leave Dexter out, and we're expected to go round without him.

I'm sooo annoyed now!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be practising my rain dances and hope their BBQ is a total washout, Hope you and Dexter have a lovely family day without them.

I am praying for rain and thunder storms, especially tomorrow when they have to pack up!

On the bright side, as were now not going, they haven't got a BBQ as they have no food for today!

You and your wife are great husky owners - buy the BBQ stuff and have your own at home with your family and your beautiful husky. Some people really are the pits - you would probably have been irritated with her within the first few minutes, so enjoy your free day to do as you want.

That sucks.

They just don't want your gorgeous husky making their plain labs look dowdy

in front of friends and family.

Do the dogs all get along? If not, I can understand not wanting the commotion. I rarely invite anyone to my home with their dog. Iowa is going to be quite the experience vacationing with strangers and dogs!!!!:duh:

Yup, they get along, although Dexter is playful, and they rarely let there labs play!

As usual the first 5 mins is nuts as they say hello, and are excited, after that they settle down! Besides it's a camp site so Dexter would be on a lead!

awww poor dex :(

I have to admit my 3 are very rarely allowed up my parents, because they are too full on for my mum (she's not a massive fan of dogs anyway) and they have a cat and guinea pigs. I can take buster (OHs mums staffy) but only because I can put him in a sit and he wont move a muscle until i release him, and doesnt scare the guineas. And TBH, its so much more relaxing either going on my own or with Buster, i dont have to worry that they will escape the garden or knock something over (Kiz once broke one of mums flower pots while i popped in when they were away, i superglued it and she still doesnt know! lol)

We're going up there today for my dad's birthday and mum has asked me not to bring any dog, even Buster, due to the amount of people coming

awww poor dex :(

I have to admit my 3 are very rarely allowed up my parents, because they are too full on for my mum (she's not a massive fan of dogs anyway) and they have a cat and guinea pigs. I can take buster (OHs mums staffy) but only because I can put him in a sit and he wont move a muscle until i release him, and doesnt scare the guineas. And TBH, its so much more relaxing either going on my own or with Buster, i dont have to worry that they will escape the garden or knock something over (Kiz once broke one of mums flower pots while i popped in when they were away, i superglued it and she still doesnt know! lol)

We're going up there today for my dad's birthday and mum has asked me not to bring any dog, even Buster, due to the amount of people coming

I can understand that as your family don't have dogs and it's a celebration with guests, but camping is something else and there would be other dogs there.

I don't always take my dogs when I go to visit but it's my choice and I weigh up the options before deciding. I certainly wouldn't like folk telling where and when I take my dogs.

I agree if they weren't dog lovers or it was a big family do it would be understandable not to want to invite Dexter. As I always say you can choose your friends but not your relations and inherited ones are the worst. I would suggest having your own BBQ at home with Dex. Dex can eat all the food your MIL would have eaten. What a shame they have no food, hope its a long way to the nearest supermarket. :evil:

its very rare any1 visits our house now due to the dogs - when we had bings they did - cuz after the initial omg sum1s at the door!!!! and the OMG sum1s in the house bark fest he goes to bed - but the other 1 love people n want to be fussed - but then again we dont mind lol

I must be wierd, mine stay at home with the hubby as he doesn't want to go either. All of my family hate dogs and I don't drive so it's hard to get them there anyway. I did get upset when my aunt said she'd take them to our new place and her husband said no because he didn't like Aya.... genrally if I'm going out it's somewhere dogs can't go so they only get to go out for walkies.

Oh my goodness, I can't even BEGIN to imagine how frustrating that must be for you! The dogs are like family and you just can't leave them behind! Some people just don't understand that they're your children. Grrr!! Put a smile on, you've got a spouse and dog that stand strong by your side :)