Not invited again

Tripled

Thanks for the posts! We ended up spending the day working on the Garden, just about managed to get Dexter out for a walk before it got dark.

On the bright side all 3 of us spent Monday together, and went for a big walk around Alton Water, Dex went for a swim, then home for dinner!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My huskies are rarely welcome at stuff like BBQs etc, but my Chihuahua is ALWAYS welcome. We should all set up a campaign for huskies rights!!!!

Wow, it's like you're in my life. We just got our little Husky and I'm getting resistance to bringing her to my in-laws beach house. But our little Chihuahua has been going there for years. This in addition to my sister on-laws Border Collie who gets into everything. So frustrating.

Wow, it's like you're in my life. We just got our little Husky and I'm getting resistance to bringing her to my in-laws beach house. But our little Chihuahua has been going there for years. This in addition to my sister on-laws Border Collie who gets into everything. So frustrating.

I feel your pain! but sod em! Ours are better anyway ..... besides who needs the in laws!

So we finally had the phone call from the mother in law tonight, ranting and raving because we said we're offended by her comments to leave Dexter out!

Apparently I'm a bad owner and I beat my dog, we never discipline him, and he's the worst dog in the world that constantly jumps at people and runs around humping every dog. According to her very few dogs actually like to play, and Dexter is constantly pestering, mouthing, and generally nasty to every dog.

To say the least without bad language I'm fuming!

The last thing she said was that I've offended them by putting a comment on Facebook saying 'what's wrong with Dexter, why does he always get left out'

What a stupid cow (sorry I know she's your MIL AND its an insult to cows). If people you know on fb think there's something wrong with Dexter surely they will tell you and this will of course put her in the wrong. She doesn't know dogs very well if she thinks dogs don't like to play. If Dexter was beaten surely he wouldn't have the confidence or zest for life to want to play with other dogs as he would be frightened that you would hit him. Surprised she didn't accuse you of starving him as well or something similar e.g. making them starve whilst camping as you didn't bring the barbie food. He certainly doesn't look like a beaten dog to me but a happy contented furbaby. Ignore her and feel sorry for your wife as she is a blood relative you just inherited her as an outlaw.