Husky proof?

brian brown

What do you think, will it be Husky proof? :D

Mishka chewed the old gate on the kennelled area we have in the g'friend's garden so while I was on holiday a couple of weeks ago, I built this one. They prefer it because they can see what we're doing when we have a barbecue or when the g'friend's doing some work in the garden.

I put corner & 'T' brackets both front & back, to make sure it was strong (as well as screwing through the sides) & bent the mesh up over the top & around the sides to stop her chewing this one crackup.gif

It's very strong & hopefully Husky proof! biggrin.gif They all love to be included or at least be able to see you smilie_thumbsup.gif I work as a skip driver so all the wood & the thick mesh were sourced free through work - recycling ;):P

We use the kennelled area when they're wet (from the beach/lake/river) to dry off, , while we're at work & it's a gorgeous day & too hot to be inside, when we have a Barbecue or just to hold them while we :dogwalk: around the garden:lolman:.

It's amazing because they all love going in there. They must feel safe :doglick:

A friend & I had already built a proper wooden kennel in there big enough for 5 big dogs to keep them out of the rain or give them shadel if it's too hot :cool:

post-9025-1358608709189_thumb.jpg

post-3916-13585986243307_thumb.jpg

post-3916-13585986244425_thumb.jpg

post-3916-13585986245476_thumb.jpg

post-3916-13585986246366_thumb.jpg

post-3916-13585986247508_thumb.jpg

Great Job.

I would have been inclined to "Mesh" both sides.

So if you find they've been trying to get through.

You have a second layer to stop them, before you spot it.

It looks great - well done on a good, and neat, job :) I wouldn't know if it is husky proof or not, but I am sure they will try and get out at some stage - then you will know :rolleyes:

Thanks for the comment, 1st time I've attempted something like this ;)

The previous gate was a piece of old 'picket fence' & Mishka used to jump up on her hind legs to see over it & see what was going on. While she was there, she thought "mmmm I may as well chew this" :lolman:.

She's only small (22inches at the withers) & the gate's 5ft. She doesn't seem to jump up now, only when you go to let them out so hopefully it'll do the job :D.

If she does get out of the kenneled area, she can't get out of the garden, there's a 6ft fence & gate. It's only Mishka I'm worried about, the boys are happy staying in there, Mishka's happy being with the others so...... here's hoping! She didn't really try & get out before, it was more the chewing & the possibility of escape that made me build this :P

Great Job.

I would have been inclined to "Mesh" both sides.

So if you find they've been trying to get through.

You have a second layer to stop them, before you spot it.

I did think about that Andy but the mesh is thick steel (came off a building site skip) not the stuff you'd get in B & Q or pet place. As I'd bent the mesh over the edges & top, I thought it might look messy if I put it on the other side as well. Something to think about though, thanks ;)

I did think about that Andy but the mesh is thick steel (came off a building site skip) not the stuff you'd get in B & Q or pet place. As I'd bent the mesh over the edges & top, I thought it might look messy if I put it on the other side as well. Something to think about though, thanks ;)

In that case. . . :up:;)

Looks good to me. Watch to see if a climbing attempt is made. Some Huskies have long toes and will use the grid to climb a gate or fence.