Gender Role Confusion?

Kech

Hi all, Macy, my 10 week old, interacted with a 2 yr old small female on Saturday and it was going fine until she tried to mount her to mate. Macy is a female as well. Is this normal behavior???? Is she confused about her gender? In addition, Macy picks up and eats everything she sees including us. Will she grow out of this due to being a pup or am I looking for future problems? Responses would be greatly appreciated... Thank you Kindly in advance....

Yes, quite normal behaviour.

It's NOT a sexual act, it's about dominance.

By mounting another dog (male or female) they are saying I can have you, so you are below me in the pack.

Both sexes will mount both sexes, to prove dominance.

It only becomes sexual when a male mounts a female in heat.

Picking up and eating. . .

well you need to work on the "LEAVE IT !! " command.

Yes if they sniff anything even remotely interesting they will try to scoff it down.

Even in some cases other dogs POO !!

YOU have to be vigilant on your walks, and try to pre-empt what they might try to pick up.

Picking up and eating. . .

well you need to work on the "LEAVE IT !! " command.

Yes if they sniff anything even remotely interesting they will try to scoff it down.

Even in some cases other dogs POO !!

YOU have to be vigilant on your walks, and try to pre-empt what they might try to pick up.

I've already started that by teaching her the "Give" command by replacing what she releases with a treat. Is that OK??

Will try this from now on. What I do now is continue to walk while lifting the harness when she goes down to pick up a leaf/rock/branch/paper. The problem is there is so much of this debri in our way... Thanks for advise...