Hi im new

Tom Irons

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

Loki is now 10 months hes a ok good dog but loves throwing hypos and being a bit disobedient sometimes, can anyone help me with this or is anyone in the same boat as i am. I walk him 3 times a day on big walks averaging 30mins too a hour each time. Abd somehow even when he acting like hes tired he still find some energy too go on a hype.

I seen yday that the is a huski that is 9 months old a female the need rehoming and i would love too have two huskies but would this be a bad idea due to loki hypes? Also id like too add that he was the dominate male in his pack. But on the other hand i thought maybe if he had a friend he cpuld play with them and get some energy out of him?

Any help would be much apriciated.

Tom

:welcome::welcome: to the best forum there is :huskyrocks:

As regard to Loki and his hyper moments, do you run him at all? I run ours on a mountain bike weather permitting and this really tires them out, better than a walk :D I know Loki is only 10 months so you would need to start him on short runs first. Also we have a dog park that is secure and I take them there to have a good run around.

As regard another dog I'm not sure if I am the right person to advise. We got our second husky when Freya was just 11 months old and have never looked back. Found it easier with two :D

:welcome:Tom & Loki.

You've got a stunning looking lad there! You can certainly see the mix in him :D Sounds like you're the same as we have with Taiya (our Husky/Akita) with having the Husky "selective deafness" and the Akita "you seriously think i'm doing that, pfft!" aloofness, it can be challenging at times LOL! Taiya is very food orientated when it comes to training and just wants to please which does help. We got Blue in May and apart from a couple of spats they've been really good together and deffo burn of some of the hypernuttiness that Blue can have :D