HELP howling puppy

emma.bryan

at 1am this morning i was so excited to get our pup but lets just say after letting him settle and going to bed at about 230am we changed our minds. he howls alot! to the point police were called thinking we had hurt him :/

is this because he misses his mum? its very hard but i need him to know he must sleep outside at night. help help help its very bad but him howling is wearing me down i dont want the poor guy to be stressed :(

how come he has to sleep outside?

give him time uve only just got him - not only has he been taken away from the people he knows n his family but hes just been on a flight and given to people he has no idea who they are - everything is different n smells different and its scary + that with being outside is VERY scary for such a young puppy - give him time to settle in n he will be fine - do you have anywhere fr him to sleep with something that smells of his mum?

Huskies don't like to be left alone. Let the poor guy sleep inside. Besides, you run the risk of someone taking off with him if he's left outside alone, and later on, as Huskies are escape artists, he may take off on his own. Either way it's not a good thing.

I agree with Mazz; let him sleep inside. You can set up a designated 'sleep' area by training him. Suka, my husky, currently sleeps in my room (no crate.). Not sure if you're thinking of crating him; it's more of a personal decision.

He howls alot !!! he`s a husky ... its what they do .. especially when they`ve just been taken from their mum .... your not gonna crate him ??? i would seriously consider it ... not only to protect your home from destruction some husky`s can cause but also to give him a place of his own , husky`s like to be on there own aswell as being a pack member.... my Neo often takes himself off to relax in his crate .. he will let us know when he wants to go to bed ... good luck. be patient... he`s a baby remember ...

Crates are a great resource - and if he should ever need to spend time at the vet's, being used to being crated will make that less stressful, in that a crate will be familiar and feel secure. In the home, they help protect home from puppy chewing, and are a fantastic aid in housetraining. They are also a secure place for puppy to go when he feels a need for a nap or to get away from activity in the household...

Emma, I am so glad you are happy with him being inside :) It will take a while with the potty training and setting boundaries for him, but it will be worth it in the end. Hopefully your partner will also come round and enjoy having him in the house with you.

Good luck with it all, he will bring with him a lot of laughs and some tears at time, but persevere and he will astound you. They make great house dogs as long as they get their exercise every day :dog3:

If I can give you any advice, it will be to start as you wish to finish. If he is allowed on the furniture and beds, fine, but if you think it may be a problem later, stop it now while he is still a puppy. Also, train the no mouthing and jumping up against people now, as later it can become a problem - other than that, they are a breeze :)

Yeah Good News you will have him inside :)

like others of said the reason he was howling alot was because he is very stressed and then to be shut outside must have been very scary for him, the howling was probably his way of saying "help im shut outside and alone!".

you might find as he gets older he likes to sleep outside, as long as he is able to come bk inside or something, Kita very often will go and lay down outside the back door, it is left open so she can come in and out, then when I go to bed I will call her in. But if she's out there and the door closes, she gets stressed out because she is shut off from us.

he is settling so well. he is at my side alot then will run off into the yard and have a play, weve even bought him a kids pool and he has worked out how to open to screen door so he happily lets himself out, he has had a couple of accident inside but all on the way to getting outside so im really happy with him