some people need to learn how to treat dogs

emma.bryan

im so angry! our neighbour has a pigging dog that has been locked up in his cage on the back of a ute for 2 weeks now he only gets water every other day and theres no room for him to move. we live in darwin on average its between 30 - 40 degrees everyday, i had to give him water this morning the poor thing hes not allowed out!

Report them to your local police and whatever version you guys

have of the RSPCA.

DO IT NOW !!!!

Get some wire cutters and cut the dog out and take the dog , say you saw it in distress .. The scum bags.!!! 

As nice as this would be, please be carefull if you decide to do that. You never know what the dog will be like if you let it out and you have to think of your own safety also. You did right by reporting it. Let the proper authorities deal with it.

That is horrible! :mad:

what the feck is the point in having a dog if ur just going to lock it up all day!? :mad:

well done for reporting them though :), please please keep and eye on the poor dog :(

Because it's a hunting dog and they don't need it out unless it's hunting! I see the same thing here - but not to that degree - with some people who have "Hog Dogs" ...

Because it's a hunting dog and they don't need it out unless it's hunting! I see the same thing here - but not to that degree - with some people who have "Hog Dogs" ...

Yeah, they treat 'em like cattle... Which brings up another point - I hate how people keep horses locked up in a stable for weeks, thats just as bad... They have no mental stimulation (many resort to something that is called something that I forgot because it's been a lot time but it involves blowing I know that), and no physical exercise. They also feed them alfalfa which gives them all the protien they need in one meal, which in convienient for people but the main mental outlet for a horse is forging...

Anyways, back to the point - As much as I hate busy bodies that have nothing else better to do than to report dogs for no reason (which always makes me edgy, but you guys hate them too - the people that tell you you're dog is going to die since its "in a cage" in you're car while you're traveling etc), I believe this is a very just case...

When i moved out here, I had a female who had a litter of puppies. I left her and them at my building site (about 1.5 miles from here and still not built) when I was able to rent this trailer.When the pups (very mixed breed) turned about 10 - 12 weeks I started taking them into town to find them homes. Then, when I came back out, I'd leave them with food and water at my site. Someone called and reported me for animal abuse. Now mind you, the pups had a platform to get under if it rained or when the sun was too hot; had food and water; I checked on them morning and night - normally spent an hour each time over there - they may have been without people 20 hours of the day, but they were not abused.

The deputy caught up with me in town and asked about the pups and I offered to let them, both deputies were there, see how badly abused they were. The pups were still at that rolly polly stage, loved being handled and were begging for all the attention they could get - one deputy looks at the others and says "They don't look like they're being abused to me, how about you?" (( Almost talked one of the deputies into taking one of the pups! ))

You're right though, some people have nothing better to do than to try to stir up "stuff" - but I suppose it's better to have them check out a few false reports than have a dog die of dehydration ...

<< / soapbox >>