Texting

Mazz

When it comes to Texting, I am a baby. So for the pros of Texting, like Nix, this may seem elementary.

Here is what transpired:

Incoming text: Want 2 come ovr Thurs for BBC?

Me: Think u have the wrong person.

Incoming text: r u sure?

Me: Yes, 100%

Incoming text: u mean u r not DeeDee?

Me: Nope.

Incoming text: oops

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a clue. I suppose I could text them back and ask, but I don't really want to.

Started texting a few years back and chatting to a 14 year old in my form who texted like lightening told me I texted like his Gran. Turned out his Gran was younger than me. I felt sooooo old. I write everything out in full and it takes me ages to understand some abbreviations.

I can just about read most text speak messages that come through but rarely use any abbreviations to answer. What really really gets my goat is when ppl uz txt spk on 4ums and fb! (think i've got that right! :rolleyes: LOL! it took me longer to write the text speak that the full words :D)

My husband does not send text messages and his friends all know that. They all text him things like "what you doing", or "what's up" or "want to ride?" knowing he will phone them back rather than text them, then they chat for ages. They had a good laugh about it at a BBQ a while back, but he still falls for their tricks :)