ESCAPE ARTIST! For the 3rd time~!!!!!! (O.O) HELP!

Doc Jekyll

Ok so Tali has learned a new trick (or at least I think its her doing it...).

For the 3rd time this week she or her sister Baylee has been figuring out how to unlock the latches on her crate. Shes met me at the door Monday, Weds, and today. It has me a little concerned since usually she tends to destroy stuff, but she has apperantly been a good girl and hasnt made any messes or tore up any rugs/ couches etc.

Im thinking of trying to set up a camera to catch her in the act....

Has this happend to any of you? If so, what did you do to fix the problem

You can try putting leash snaps on to hold it shut - but the dog I had that would let himself out of a crate would take the leash snaps off, then open it, anyway! He never managed to pick the padlock, though! (I didn't try using one of the numbered, combination locks, though - I wouldn't have put it past him to have figured THAT out!)

LMAO . . surprisingly inventive aren't they. ?

Darwin learned how to open our windows.

£117 to get him back from the dog wardens. !!!

Picking locks is difficult without thumbs, so there's your answer.

:up:

If they're the ones with the sliding latches then Blue does exactly the same - he's met us at the door a few times. We've now changed him to the sort that have the plastic clip locks on and "ha" he can't do them! (like these ones: http://www.rosewoodpet.com/catalogue/detail.aspx?pid=980&gid=29015&pg=aCivWiP8jjb206XC%2b71%2fMQ%3d%3d#) Just picked up a second hand one really cheap on ebay :D Had thought about padlocks but didn't fancy them in case I needed to get him out in a hurry.

padlocks. we have padlocks on angels cage as the first night she bent the door inside itself and got out

Just what Andy did, four times, and we decided to take the risk and leave him out as we were afraid he would hurt himself. He broke every weld at the bottom of the cage and was soaking wet when I got home from all the drool.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.455466996984.220355.625606984&l=300fd281e1&type=1

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.453083501984.211862.625606984&l=73c5f34811&type=1

Check out these two albums of his escape!