NO MORE POOH!!!!!

26nikita

Ugg, my two have had Diarrhea for a week! After three days of it I got them on pumpkin. It worked, I kept them on it for three days then took them off and diarrhea again! I'm so tired of cleaning up Pooh!!! Called the vet today, they told me to put them back on pumpkin or yogurt. They are acting normal otherwise so I'm wondering if I got a bad batch of treats....it seemed to start when I got this bag. Sigh...

Ditch the treats.

Gradually change back from the pumpkin / yoghurt diet to their normal food.

Over a few days.

I'd be giving them RAW chicken wings too.

That "Thickens" our up within 24hours :)

My daughter some how managed to get into the livingroom with out waking me up this moring and fed Shiloh the non hypoallergenic treats. The prodcut of this vile mistake has been suffered all day. I feel your pain lol.

I am sooo sorry! I wish this on no one! LOL! I will say the pumpkin works wonders and I am throwing out the treats!

Is it not giving the different things to try and stop it that is actually keeping it going? Might be worth putting them back onto their normal diet for a week and see if it stops. Just thinkin what they can be like when food is changed

Is it not giving the different things to try and stop it that is actually keeping it going? Might be worth putting them back onto their normal diet for a week and see if it stops. Just thinkin what they can be like when food is changed

Despite all the great suggestions, I didn't actually change anything. The bag of treats I'm thinking that caused this is the same treats I always give them. I just happened to have bought a new package last week and I noticed it had a different tinge to them so that's whats making me think it's the treats. I added pumpkin to their normal meal when this first started and it worked great but I only had them on on it for 3 days and then stopped the pumpkin. They went right back to the runs. So I stopped giving these treats and put them back on the pumpkin with their normal meals again. I'm gonna throw out these treats and see if their BM stays normal when I ease them off the pumpkin. If not, then I think a trip to the vet is in store. Hopefully it won't come to that.

When mine had the runs (as a result of anti - flammatory drugs) I put her on a diet of boiled rice/chicken/yogurt I found on the net, and prepared it thus:

boiled the chicken carcass (left over from a roast). Then used the water from the boiled chicken as a stock to boil the rice in. Then I stripped the chicken remains of the meat and added it to the rice and chicken stock. Separately, I boiled some butternut squash and carrot, then mixed the whole lot together with a spoonful of yogurt. Molly had the runs for about 7 days in total but this seemed to sort her out eventually. I'm the sort of person who is a bit skeptical of big pharmacuticals and if I can find a natural cure first, then I will.