i have just spent 10 mins chasing dief for a sock

jules dief taz tor

argh what is it with that dog and socks, he pinched it out of the tumble dryer and ran off with it, he utterly refused to give it back so i spent a fun filled 10 minutes trying to get it back. treats didnt work , threats didnt work.

i nearly broke my ankle in one of their traps(read 2ft deep hole you cant see on the way down the garden)

in the end i had to give him my cup of tea to get him to drop the sock. the dog is lucky to be alive right now ;) it was my first cup of tea in ages

why does he feel the need to eat sock , hes a very odd doggy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, you haven't grasped the essential solution.

GIVE HIM THE OTHER ONE !!!

you'll never have that pair again, so he may as well have the pair.

and . . . c'mon . . . be honest by the time you've caught him

to get it back it's either badly chewed or 3/4 down his gullet. :up:

Ah, you haven't grasped the essential solution.

GIVE HIM THE OTHER ONE !!!

you'll never have that pair again, so he may as well have the pair.

and . . . c'mon . . . be honest by the time you've caught him

to get it back it's either badly chewed or 3/4 down his gullet. :up:

:doglaugh:

• 3 weeks later...

what not video :D

hes 3 , its not like hes a puppy lol

Oh dear LOL there's goes my hope for Diesel to little turkey he's the reason i've been buying socks up like mad and stashing them in my bathroom. Do you know how many times a day I have to answer "why do you have packages of socks under your sink"

of course ..................... share

When Willow would nab my shoes or a sock, I would go stand in front of her. At first she would try to run away but I would keep getting in front of her until she stopped. Then when she stopped, I would just stand there and stare down at her calmly and quietly. She would look up at me, then away and up at me again until she finally lowered her head and dropped the item. I then moved towards her until I stood over it and then I would reach down and pick it up. It took lots of repetition but she no longer touches my shoes. I think she got the shoes so fast is becuase I refused to put them up out of her reach so we practiced with those shoes constantly! This is a Cesar Millan technique.

When Willow would nab my shoes or a sock, I would go stand in front of her. At first she would try to run away but I would keep getting in front of her until she stopped. Then when she stopped, I would just stand there and stare down at her calmly and quietly. She would look up at me, then away and up at me again until she finally lowered her head and dropped the item. I then moved towards her until I stood over it and then I would reach down and pick it up. It took lots of repetition but she no longer touches my shoes. I think she got the shoes so fast is becuase I refused to put them up out of her reach so we practiced with those shoes constantly! This is a Cesar Millan technique.

dief is a sneaky sock thief, he will rob them out of the tumble dryer on his way out . and its generally the kids who leave their socks in all sorts of weird places ,like down the side of the cushions on the chairs. i dont even know hes eaten the socks most of the time . if he is in the house and i see him, he will give up the sock, but in the garden its a different story