Help With Rude Behaviour

Blue Eyes

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those lower in the pack will often "Groom" the alpha.

Perhaps the J.R. already senses this.

If she was grooming the Alpha why would she growl and snap at the Alpha if Kara is the Alpha?

Because although Poppy is Alpha NOW she senses that Kara will be. . .soon.

Poppy has never had a litter. **strokes chin** She really doesnt like Kara that much, she thinks Kara is a nutter. :rofl:

Misty has never had a litter either, but when my pups mom took a hike on them ( they were about 7 weeks +/- ) Misty took over caring for them. I have no idea where the maternal instinct came from but she loved and disciplined them as if they were hers. I've seen and heard of other cases where a neutered female will become a mother to pups in need as much as she can.

Poppy has never had a litter. **strokes chin** She really doesnt like Kara that much, she thinks Kara is a nutter. :rofl:

a bitch doesn't need to have had a litter to have maternal instincts.. the same as a women doesn't need to have given birth to kids to have a maternal instinct..

and she obviuosly is interested in Kara if she is sniffing her..

UPDATE - We have sat here and watched Poppy do the licking and dominating pushing Kara around with nipping her face thing again tonight. We have worked it out. It only happens when my 14yo daughter is playing with Kara. So it seems to be a protective thing. Trouble is it is getting quite "Eeeeek" Poppy is really nipping and snapping. Then Kara snaps back really with force. Thing is Kara is a much stronger dog than Poppy the JR. So we need to nip this in the bud now.

UPDATE - We have sat here and watched Poppy do the licking and dominating pushing Kara around with nipping her face thing again tonight. We have worked it out. It only happens when my 14yo daughter is playing with Kara. So it seems to be a protective thing. Trouble is it is getting quite "Eeeeek" Poppy is really nipping and snapping. Then Kara snaps back really with force. Thing is Kara is a much stronger dog than Poppy the JR. So we need to nip this in the bud now.

ok i didnt see any playing from the humans that where there.. so IMO its nothing to do with the kids or protective of them... 2nd i say all that is happenening from the sniff point of view is normal.. 3rd .. it seems like poppy is trying to get Kara to play but she doesn't want to .. she just wants Poppy to leave her alone so she can cuddle and play with her toy.. im seeing no different than my wife's Shetland sheepdog "Leotie" following my eldest "Nikita" around and when she lays down Leotie has a sniff of her parts,, "Nikita" has a little grumble at her and thats all it is..

please don't take this wrong but IMO your better off ignoring it i think your making more of it.than it really is... it will settle down.. but i didn't see any protective in the 2 videos.. well except Kara protecting the toy and wanting to be left alone.in both videos Kara had a toy in her mouth that she just wanted to play with ..

try seeing if this happens when the toy Kara had is not around or in sight..

what i see i get pretty much daily with 4 bitches and one dog in my house and i just ignore it..its just what dogs do.. they sort it out for themselves.

oh and stop watching X factor.. them girls were crap :lolman: