Diesel the biscuit thief

Val (Zebedee)

I came home from work last night, walked in the living room to my usual deep-voiced "woowoo" from Diesel, dancing & wagging his tail - when I spot an empty dog food tray on the floor! I get the "it wasn't me Mum" eyes when I ask him what it is (Myshka is still in her cage so I know EXACTLY who was guilty!).

I go to the cage & let Myshka out so they can both toilet in the back garden. As I pass the kitchen, I notice white paper or something on the floor. When I came back from letting them out, I picked the paper up - it was the wrapping off a packet of biscuits! :confused:

Still didn't register what had happened until I went to Diesel's bed - there was the black plastic tray, void of it's biscuity contents, all chewed up into tiny pieces! :jawdrop:

So much for his diet he was doing so well on - he had jumped up on the work top to snaffle what was left of the pack, over 1/2 of it!!

Little tinker!!!!!!!!!

post-143-1358598709257_thumb.jpg

silly arse busting himself lol... i cooked a pork chop for my two and left it in the pan on the hob. when i came down in the morning it was gone so i assumed that stepson had come home and got the midnight munchies. logan the chop chaffing chuffer had managed to get on the work top and the chop out of the pan without knocking it flying

silly arse busting himself lol... i cooked a pork chop for my two and left it in the pan on the hob. when i came down in the morning it was gone so i assumed that stepson had come home and got the midnight munchies. logan the chop chaffing chuffer had managed to get on the work top and the chop out of the pan without knocking it flying

We have the same thing.

If we are Stoooooopid enough to leave anything on the cooker. It gets a wipe around with the tongue.

I was preparing a corned beef hash, I'd cut up a couple of tins of corned beef and put them in an oven dish (Recipe on ceefax page 324 :P)

was waiting for the spuds to soften. left the kitchen for 2 mins to answer the call of nature.

Came back into the kitchen to find oven dish empty . . spotless in fact :o

and Echo licking her lips.

Another time we had just dished up a meal of homemade curry.

We always do a big pan. . .enough for a couple of meals.

Sat down and got our nommage on.

Heard a clattering noise from the kitchen, it was the ladle used in the dishing up.

Daughtry was licking the ladle, but Echo was nose deep in the pan of curry. :D

Lets just say that the curry left Echo looking very much as it had gone in :jawdrop:

It's not that they are hungry, they always get enough to eat. . .

Just that human food is irresistable and must not, CANNOT be ignored. :)

Reading Andy's post reminded me of my previous dog who learnt to jump onto work surfaces at the most inconvenient time. We were broke and all we had was a couple chops which were out defrosting at the back of the kitchen counter. I was hunting high and low for the plate, kitchen roll and chops and eventually found only the plate tucked away in her bedding in her basket. Suki had jumped up there and had a good feed. I'm sure one of her ancestors must have been a harrier jump jet as her vertical take off was awesome. That evening we had the potatoes and veggies but no meat. She on the other hand nommed away as usual.

Val!! blaming Big D for your midnight bingeing lol

Whoa! Hang on a mo! I never even had 1!!!!!! Steve & my lad had some, nearly half the packet :rolleyes: but I was gonna have a few with a coffee the next evening, find a good one to dunk in my cuppa - nah! Diesel beat me to it! Biscuit-nicking bleeder!! :P