Hello from California!

macy.alison

Hello everyone! I'm new here! So, I live in Central California (a little town called Merced to be exact) and I'm a 17 year old owner of a almost 2 year old male Siberian Huskey named Shia (pronounced like "shy-uh") He wasn't our (my family) first husky. We had one when I was a baby, but he was hit by a car. I saw lots of pictures of him and he was beautiful. So as I was growing up, we've had multiple mixed breed rescues, and we still have 2. But a couple of years ago, I got really into wanting a husky. I researched A LOT on the breed online and bought tons of book and subscribed for magazines all about Siberian Huskies. After a few months, I asked my mom if we could get one. It took a while to convince her but she pulled through, lol. We started by looking at shelters about twice a week, but our shelter never had a husky! And when they did, they were already called for! So, I was getting really let down week after week of not being able to find one. So, I decided to look online for breeders....haha, EXPENSIVE. I don't have money! But, right when I was about to give up on my search, a friend of ours called and told us they knew someone whos husky just had puppies! I was so excited! I went and saw the puppies, there were two left; a red famale with two blue eyes, and a black and white bi-eyed male. I went with the intensions of getting a female, but I fell in love with the male! So I took him home and have had an amazing 2 years with him! He is my baby :heartbeat:

Greetings from Texas Shia and Macy - that's a good looking pup you have there.

While you're wandering around the forum - meeting and greeting - wander over to the member map http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/memberMap/ and pin yourself there, would you please. As you'll see, we have members from all over and it helps when we know where someone is when we're replying to them.

Curiosity - Merced, is that in the big tree country or are you at the north edge of the desert - or both??

Greetings from Texas Shia and Macy - that's a good looking pup you have there.

While you're wandering around the forum - meeting and greeting - wander over to the member map http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/memberMap/ and pin yourself there, would you please. As you'll see, we have members from all over and it helps when we know where someone is when we're replying to them.

Curiosity - Merced, is that in the big tree country or are you at the north edge of the desert - or both??

Will do! And as for the question, I'm not quite sure!! Sorry!! But, I'm actually moving to Boise, Idaho this weekend.

And thanks, everyone else :D

Hiya, Macy and Shia, great to have you on board! What a gorgeous boy he is! I have found out that once you have been owned by a husky, it's hard for that feeling to leave you! Sorry to hear what happened to your first one, if you wanna talk about him or have pics you wanna post, we have a Rainbow Bridge section especially for it :)