well a second sibe it is....

charleylexilola

Well guys after a horrid wk of keira makin herself sick through seperation anxiety and a trip to vets..me and my family have decided a second husky or mal is best option.the vets gave us two options either crate train herwhich woukd prob end terribly as she hates bein confined and never been caged second option is consider another dog...we have gone with latter option due to keira bein great with my partners pup and can be left with no probs ....so now the search starts again :-) xx

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't even got Kaiser home yet and already planning a 2nd. Reading posts on here as corrupted me everyone saying 2 is better then one :P good luck though :D

You're sooo right. I never thought about having another until I joined H/O. Not only are huskies addictive, so's the site. :huskyrocks:

You're sooo right. I never thought about having another until I joined H/O. Not only are huskies addictive, so's the site. :huskyrocks:

I always planned on 4, Kaiser, Summer, Lady and Ghost but I was planning a good few years between them...... but 2 of each sex so its even. now though I'm planning shorter time spans oopppps (at least between the first 2 anyway) they are all addictive. I'm not a dog person unless it comes to huskies but it's hard to see them as dogs anyway after being around them all the other day and you can see how lovely they all are together awwwwwww

Gud Luck, best thing we did for millie was getting poppy!!

I wudnt mind but i dont even like dogs to b totally honest, but james wanted a dog(a husky!!!) we only went to look and wen i saw millie i refused to leave without her, then i talked him in 2 a second... now me or james cudnt live without them both!!!!

altho he has told me we hav no chance on kids now! :cry1:

Good luck with your search for your second baby. We are thinking about a second next year but have to make sure it's right. @Staceybob what happened with Logan if you don't mind me asking?

Logan turned out to be extremely vocal, which then encouraged Aleu to be vocal when we were out, so it was double the howling rather than comforting one another. Also, Logan kept peeing and pooing all over the floor (he had problems as his original owner used to abuse him and they damaged his bladder) which then caused Aleu to start peeing and pooing all over the floor. Then at the time I wasn't crating them, they decided to break into my bedroom, pooed all over my bed and peed all over it and tore up a load of my stuff.

This became a regular thing.

So yeah, two halving the problems, isn't necessarily true at all, as in our case, it doubled the stress and doubled the problems.

Stacey xxx

Logan turned out to be extremely vocal, which then encouraged Aleu to be vocal when we were out, so it was double the howling rather than comforting one another. Also, Logan kept peeing and pooing all over the floor (he had problems as his original owner used to abuse him and they damaged his bladder) which then caused Aleu to start peeing and pooing all over the floor. Then at the time I wasn't crating them, they decided to break into my bedroom, pooed all over my bed and peed all over it and tore up a load of my stuff.

This became a regular thing.

So yeah, two halving the problems, isn't necessarily true at all, as in our case, it doubled the stress and doubled the problems.

Stacey xxx

Thanks @Staceybob. We have been talking about a second and I would love a pup but also worry that it may have a negative impact on our Sabien who is 10, coming up 11 and the most chilled out Husky ever. I swing from thinking it's a great idea to get a younger dog to not being sure but thats me all over, like to take my time weighing up possible pros and cons and the main thing is that Sabien would be happy. He has lived with two other huskies in the past, but equally seems to be quite happy being the only dog too.

Sabien and abs ....thts how i feel as keira is so chilled out she would fall over lol but her seperation anxiety is cause for concern now and loves bein with other dogs .xx

Aleu used to be the same, but it took lots of work and a herbal remedy called Skullcap And Valerian to get on the right track, Now she loves her cage and climbs in there all the time and we only used the herbal remedy for a month before weaning it off. She hardly greets me when I come home now! Lol! If you think another dog is the answer, then you wont know till you try it, but I found having another husky made Aleu a lot naughtier and she even responded to my commands less. Every dog will respond differently. If you can adapt your lifestyle to having two, and you actually want two rather than just one to aid seperation, then I say go for it, but just be prepared that it might not be the answer.

Stacey xxx

Thanks @Staceybob. We have been talking about a second and I would love a pup but also worry that it may have a negative impact on our Sabien who is 10, coming up 11 and the most chilled out Husky ever. I swing from thinking it's a great idea to get a younger dog to not being sure but thats me all over, like to take my time weighing up possible pros and cons and the main thing is that Sabien would be happy. He has lived with two other huskies in the past, but equally seems to be quite happy being the only dog too.

blaze is like that - i think he would quite enjoy being an only dog lol