Squirrel!!!

macy.alison

Today, Shia and I had a nice squirrel filled day....Well, nice for him at least. I took him on his morning walk down a nearby trail, and I swear Shia noticed EVERY squirrel in EVERY tree! He never cared about them until now and there were multiple occasions that looked like :dog3: <--Dead serious. Haha he spent the whole time looking up in trees. Then, on our little adventure, we saw a dying baby squirrel :( It was just laying there blinking....I wanted to help it but Shia was all excited...I had to take him away as quickly as possible so he wouldn't try to grab it! Then he whimpered for the next 5 minutes and looked back ever now and then. Ahh, but we had a good time.

Do any of your dogs go nuts at every squirrel or small animal that goes by???

aww poor baby squirrel - hopefully its mum will find it

mine go nuts when they see ANYTHING on a walk , another dog, a cat, bird , something new thats not been on our walk b4 (they are putting new lampposts up so they have 2 go n sniff all the barriers n stuff lol) i dont take Blaze near the woods now because of squirrels - skyla luckily doesnt seem TOO bothered atm but she hasnt seen many squirrels luckily lol

Oh.. BUNNIES. Gaga actually caught one unfortunate rabbit at the dog park.. But once she caught it, luckily.. she just dropped it and looked at it confused. She wanted it REALLY bad, but once she had it she couldn't figure out just why she wanted it. LOL Squirrels confuse her a lot less. She has it out for the one that mocks her in the back yard by throwing pieces of pine cone on her when she naps on the deck. I figure one day.. she'll actually get it. And frankly at this point.. well.. Sayonara Mister Squirrel. I'm tired of the pieces of pine cone too! :arghh:

Rabbits in a certain area near us. He once found an injured bird in a bush and picked it up, looked pleased with himself but then put it back down as if he didn't know what to do with it next. There is a street near us where there are loads of cats and he spends most of the walk down there looking for moggies and when he sees one it's :dog3: for me.

Lost count of the times Bo has bumped into something because he has been so busy looking up into the trees to see a squirrel. He's now into digging into the ground where he can smell they have buried their acorns as well. When he spots a squirrel all bets are off as far as not pulling is concerned. He likes to chase, as his second choice cats, followed by foxes, followed by bunnies. But squirrels are :dog3:

ours arent bothered with squirels or rabbits but a cat in front of them and omg dislocated shoulders and elbows (thats me not the cat lol )

Squirrels, birds tatting around in bushes or on the floor, rabbits. If its small and moves (or doesn't in some case) our three are all over it.

Always adds spice to a walk when you are alone with all three and a ninja mission impossible squirrel dashes across your path.

The scene usually ends with a ninja squirrel in a tree taunting three salivating huskies and one poor dishevelled human.

@Dave has a soul mate in Bo he too I've decided is a tree hugger too. Got into the park and all he seemed to do was drag me from tree to tree where he thought or knew where squirrels lived and try and climb them by standing on his back legs and stretching out his front legs. Def looks like he's hugging them. Sorry no pics, just trying to keep my arms from being pulled out their sockets.

Honestly, I'm shocked our cats haven't been tagged.. when my girl was pregnant and very hormonal there was nearly a bloodbath when she decided my cat, Skittles, was edible. For whatever reason they've made their peace, and they now sleep together like there was never a problem.. but other cats out and about in the neighborhood, oh boy are the dogs interested. Not sure what the difference is to our dogs, really.